OT: Jeff B's software compatible with Office 2013?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WernerM
    Seasoned Veteran
    • May 2012

OT: Jeff B's software compatible with Office 2013?

The title says it all, I have Office 2003, but can get Office 2013 free from the school. I just would like to know if Jeff's software will work in the newer version of Excel.
    HAGD,
    Marc

Even though I try to tell everyone upfront, understand that I am still a Newb. I wish the status of Seasoned Veteran/Senior Member, etc. was earned with time not posts...

TMWW thread

Maurbacs DCR Tower
  • Jeff B.
    Obsessed & Proud of It
    • Sep 2005

Re: OT: Jeff B's software compatible with Office 2013?

Originally posted by WernerM
    The title says it all, I have Office 2003, but can get Office 2013 free from the school. I just would like to know if Jeff's software will work in the newer version of Excel.
    It doesn't work for me, so I keep Office 2010 on my computer too. You get into trouble with the 64 Bit applications. In 64 bit the way declarations are written in the VBA (actually VB.Net now) is different. Therefore, most of the VBA routines do not perform correctly, or at all. My stuff works fine up to Office 2010 32 Bit, after that I am out of date.

By the way, my stuff is fastest and smoothest in Office 2003 of all versions.

Jeff
    Click here for Jeff Bagby's Loudspeaker Design Software

Comment

• gowa
      Seasoned Veteran
      • Jul 2007

It works but buggy. Some items do not work properly.
      It works great with 2003 and pretty good with 2010.
      No matter where you go, there you are.
      Website

Comment

• gowa
        Seasoned Veteran
        • Jul 2007

It works but buggy. Some items do not work properly.
        It works great with 2003 and pretty good with 2010.
        No matter where you go, there you are.
        Website

Comment

• WernerM
          Seasoned Veteran
          • May 2012

Thanks guys for the responses, the only reason I was considering upgrading was to assist with school work. Guess I'll just spend more time at the school computer labs for that! Lol.
          HAGD,
          Marc

Even though I try to tell everyone upfront, understand that I am still a Newb. I wish the status of Seasoned Veteran/Senior Member, etc. was earned with time not posts...

TMWW thread

Maurbacs DCR Tower

Comment

• killa
            Seasoned Veteran
            • Jan 2006

I have switched to winpcd. It is the evolution of PCD. Much faster.

Comment

• Jeff B.
              Obsessed & Proud of It
              • Sep 2005

Originally posted by killa
              I have switched to winpcd. It is the evolution of PCD. Much faster.
              PCD still has a lot of features that have not been carried over to WinPCD yet, or any other program for that matter.

Of all of the crossover programs that have come out since PCD, Bill Waslo's Xsim offers the most advancement, since it can do any circuit schematic. I really like it too.

Comment

• Jeff B.
                Obsessed & Proud of It
                • Sep 2005

Thanks guys for the responses, the only reason I was considering upgrading was to assist with school work. Guess I'll just spend more time at the school computer labs for that! Lol.
                People may not realize it, but if you have a 64 bit computer then you can install Office 2013 and an older 32 Bit version of office at the same time without any problems.

Comment

• killa
                  Seasoned Veteran
                  • Jan 2006

I'm not advanced enough to use those features :o

Comment

• dlr
                    Seasoned Veteran
                    • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Jeff B.
                    PCD still has a lot of features that have not been carried over to WinPCD yet, or any other program for that matter.

Of all of the crossover programs that have come out since PCD, Bill Waslo's Xsim offers the most advancement, since it can do any circuit schematic. I really like it too.
                    What I would have liked most would have been a free-form schematic editor, but that was beyond me when I started and I wanted to emulate the PCD closely for those already used to it. I also am relying on open source software, I don't have refined third party tools that require a fee as I think Bill has available.

There are functions in PCD I may never get around to adding, at least in the short term, such as some of the other schematic layouts. I'm focusing more on adding other functionality. I have automated surface mount calculations and plots in the works now and am looking at more changes related to axis of measurement, correction for SPL change with distance, etc. That is as long as there is enough interest in keeping it going. I have a lot of other things I could work on. I'd like to have baffle diffraction as well, but that's a big task to add, or so it seems to me at this point. I also think that anything added should not be complicated to use. I don't want to start down the road of over-complication.

I may add some functionality just because it's what I would want. That was the reason for adding surface plots. The only problem is that the "community edition" of the software I'm using for them is buggy, having to do with the video cards and their drivers. 3-D has it's own set of issues.

dlr
                    WinPCD - Windows .NET Passive Crossover Designer

Dave's Speaker Pages

Comment

• Psycoacoustics
                      Seasoned Veteran
                      • Apr 2012

Hey buddy,,,, your still alive? I'm still listening to my Slant 6's, and loving every minute. Just wanted to say Thanks again for your crossover! E-mail me sometime. Later, Mark

Comment

• Thumper Tom
                        • Nov 2012

Would you be able to run 2003 on a virtual machine and then use 2013 for school.
                        If we all reacted the same way, we'd be predictable, and there's always more than one way to view a situation.
                        What's true for the group is also true for the individual. It's simple: Overspecialize, and you breed in weakness.
                        It's slow death.

//Burn n' Die//Dream Weaver//Maximus//ABC Bookshelf Speakers//Dayton Twin Towers

Comment

• Jeff B.
                          Obsessed & Proud of It
                          • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Thumper Tom
                          Would you be able to run 2003 on a virtual machine and then use 2013 for school.

I can run them both on the same machines without any issues at all. Both my laptop and desktop are set up this way.

Comment

• Whitneyville1
                            Seasoned Veteran
                            • Oct 2011

I JUST finished upgrading my desktop "Frank"(enstein) to Win7 Ulitmate about 30 minutes ago. (Whew!!!) I loaded an old Win95 air-to-air combat game, and it runs fine, and the GRAPHICS!!! My Radeon HD 7790 isn't that hot now, but compared to what we ran under Win95... Geez, the video card has more RAM and ROM than Frank did as a Win95 box. Now, talk about click-SPLAT. It's download OS, great value, and I don't like Win Hate or cucumbers.
                            Under Ultimate, you can set-up several drives to boot different OS (or partition larger drives). I don't know how to do it yet, but...;)

Comment

Working...