X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jeff B.
    Obsessed & Proud of It
    • Sep 2005

New Speaker Design Excel Spreadsheet

...only it's not one of mine. It was made by Scanspeak to include their new speaker parameters in a more complete box model. It's kinda interesting. It can be downloaded at this link:

Jeff B.
    Click here for Jeff Bagby's Loudspeaker Design Software
  • Paul Carmody
    Seasoned Veteran
    • Nov 2006

Re: New Speaker Design Excel Spreadsheet

But Scan-Speak's T/S parameters are grossly off from the spec sheets (though consistent from unit-to-unit).
    Isn't it about time we started answering rhetorical questions?

Paul Carmody's DIY Audio Projects
    Twitter: @undefinition1

Comment

• Jeff B.
      Obsessed & Proud of It
      • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Paul Carmody
      But Scan-Speak's T/S parameters are grossly off from the spec sheets (though consistent from unit-to-unit).
      Yes. And isn't that frustrating? SEAS isn't much better sometimes. I had a pair of Excel W18 woofers that measured an Fs of 54Hz instead of the advertized 40. That's pretty far off for $400 worth of drivers. Both these guys could learn a lesson from SB Acoustics, whose drivers have all meausred almost exactly on spec for me.

Still, the spreadsheet is interesting for anyone who likes that sort of thing. ;)
      Click here for Jeff Bagby's Loudspeaker Design Software

Comment

• Paul Carmody
        Seasoned Veteran
        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Jeff B.
        Both these guys could learn a lesson from SB Acoustics, whose drivers have all meausred almost exactly on spec for me.
        ... or HiVi, for that matter. Theirs have been pretty much spot-on for me.
        Isn't it about time we started answering rhetorical questions?

Paul Carmody's DIY Audio Projects
        Twitter: @undefinition1

Comment

• jclin4
          Seasoned Veteran
          • Oct 2005

I took a quick look, but no thanks. I'll stick with Frequency Response Modeler and PCD.

However Jeff, I don't think you have Danish versions of your spreadsheet tools...:p

Comment

• dcibel
            Seasoned Veteran
            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by jclin4
            I took a quick look, but no thanks. I'll stick with Frequency Response Modeler and PCD.
            Uhh...This is a box modeling spreadsheet, nothing in common the two that you mention. You would stick with Unibox and WBCD then? ;)

This looks very interesting. I like the description of how it is more accurate at simulating suspension and damping, so perhaps the simulation below the port tuning frequency will be closer to reality. I will have to play with it a bit and see. Too bad it cannot simulate passive radiators.
            I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening!

Comment

Working...