Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS - table tuba - cheap $50

30 Hz horn loaded subwoofer - 30 x 30 x 16 "

Probably between 95 - 100 dB/Wm efficient in half space - in a different eague from conventional direct radiator subs
    Made of 1/2" mdf , had this for about 10 years , current MCM driver is about 6 years old .

If you're interested in this , you know what it is . Works fine .

Just don't have the room.for it with a toddler running amok

Finished with Rust-Oleum spray on bedliner about 6 years ago . Could probably use another coat and it will look as good as new

Last edited by zobsky; 11-19-2018, 08:38 PM.

Any pics and what’s your location

Comment

North Dallas , Tx suburbs (Plano)

Comment

What driver did you use? My last tuba I made was 180lbs and used the Dayton Audio 15” mkII driver and what a beast of sound it was. Should have never sold it.

Comment

That must have been the tuba HT

This is the smaller (relatively speaking) table tuba and uses the venerable MCM 8" (with the tangband W8-740 as a possible drop in upgrade)

https://www.newark.com/mcm-audio-sel...rms/dp/88C7835

Comment

How much do you think it would be to ship the hole box to zip code 32746

Comment

Originally posted by carlthess40 View Post
              How much do you think it would be to ship the hole box to zip code 32746
              It would be prohibitively expensive. It's not that hard to make, if you really want one. I built it back on n the day with nothing more than a circular saw, a saw guide and a plunge router (for the cutout and flush trimming the edges)

The first 2 tools.and some means of making a cutout are all you need. Horn sub construction (to me) is easier than box sub construction because they are (to a large degree) self bracing and each section of the laByrinth only butts against one other piece

Comment

I e made a few. Lol. It’s a easy box build other then getting the paths of the horn right and getting them Square Most of the ones I’ve made have been for 12” and 15” drivers

Comment

How much for just the drive and some plans on the box you have. And shipping to zip code 32746

Comment

Originally posted by carlthess40 View Post
                    How much for just the drive and some plans on the box you have. And shipping to zip code 32746
                    A new driver is about $30 and plans from Bill are about $15. Wouldn't really be right for me to resell those .

Comment

It's the MCM 8" woofer still available last time I looked. Use two, they're cheap. Bill updates his plans often, he may have specified a new driver. He has his own forum.

Comment

Originally posted by djg View Post
                        It's the MCM 8" woofer still available last time I looked. Use two, they're cheap. Bill updates his plans often, he may have specified a new driver. He has his own forum.
                        Looks like they still have 178 in stock (looking at the link I posted earlier)

Comment

claimed

Comment

Working...
                          X