Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS: Prepped cabinet with PHL1120 midrange & LCY130 ribbon tweeter

Hey guys,

I completed the building of this cabinet a long time ago and I never seem to find the time to set them up properly. I have used them with a Behringer DCX2496 but with few adjustments to any settings.

I am hoping someone would like to give these speakers a proper home. If someone is interested I have four Peerless (830491) XLS 8" woofers that I wanted to use with these. That would make one nice setup.

I would like to get $525/OBO + shipping for the 2-ways.

The cabinets have been glued together and sanded. There is bracing in place with walls lined with Whispermat.
    Attached Files

Re: FS: Prepped cabinet with PHL1120 midrange & LCY130 ribbon tweeter

Any interest?

Comment

Does anyone have any tips how I may find someone to buy these?

Do they need to be finished?

Comment

Originally posted by tf1216 View Post
        Does anyone have any tips how I may find someone to buy these?

Do they need to be finished?
        The drivers would probably sell individually. Offer them at 40% off current retail prices, since they're used.

Comment

Thanks for the reply pecker. I may have to do as you suggest. I would be bumming because the cabinet came out nice and I put in a lot of time into it.

Comment

I will throw in SoundEasy and the Music & Design instruction manual for an added $100.

Comment

Hey guys,

I completed the building of this cabinet a long time ago and I never seem to find the time to set them up properly. I have used them with a Behringer DCX2496 but with few adjustments to any settings.

I am hoping someone would like to give these speakers a proper home. If someone is interested I have four Peerless (830491) XLS 8" woofers that I wanted to use with these. That would make one nice setup.

I would like to get $525/OBO + shipping for the 2-ways.

The cabinets have been glued together and sanded. There is bracing in place with walls lined with Whispermat.

Try Audiogon
              I'm just that guy. www.sru.edu Rock Solid.

"It has been remarked that if one selects his own components, builds his own enclosure, and is convinced he has made a wise choice of design, then his own loudspeaker sounds better to him than does anyone else's loudspeaker. In this case, the frequency response of the loudspeaker seems to play only a minor part in forming a person's opinion."

L.L. Beranek, Acoustics (McGraw-Hill, New York, 1954), p.208.

Comment

Really? Do you think DIY sells well on there?

Comment

Really? Do you think DIY sells well on there?
                  Well, DIY amps sure do.. I'd give it a go.
                  I'm just that guy. www.sru.edu Rock Solid.

"It has been remarked that if one selects his own components, builds his own enclosure, and is convinced he has made a wise choice of design, then his own loudspeaker sounds better to him than does anyone else's loudspeaker. In this case, the frequency response of the loudspeaker seems to play only a minor part in forming a person's opinion."

L.L. Beranek, Acoustics (McGraw-Hill, New York, 1954), p.208.

Comment

Thanks Nick. I might take your advice.

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=150297663966

Comment

bump

Comment

I am looking to scrap the cabinet and sell the drivers.

I would like to get $200 shipped for the PHL midranges and $300 shipped for the LCY 130s.

I will consider offers. If anyone has a 10" ScanSpeak woofer, I may interested in a trade.

Comment

Working...
                          X