FS: Aether speaker kit, Peerless drivers, SVS subs, RS52s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS: Aether speaker kit, Peerless drivers, SVS subs, RS52s

Well, my wife is due in 4 months and it's time for a reality check. I have so many extra drivers that I had intentions to use but with the baby coming and now even less room for toys I think it's time to start selling some stuff.

Aethers Parts

First up are the parts to build a set of Paul Carmody's Aethers speakers. This kit includes the latest update to the Aethers which use the Tang Band W5-704D mids. All crossover parts were purchased at PE. The only difference between his BOM and mine is that I went with an iron core 4.7 mH instead of the p-core he used (personal preference) and the Jantzen 1.20 mH (255-254) instead of the Sidewinder that Madisound sells. The Seas 27TDFC tweeters I'm including are used but in great shape and were never abused. They still have the gasket material that was added to the back of them for a better seal in a closed box and will be removed if you want. I'm also including a pair of 2" port tubes (260-387) and a nice pair of gold speaker terminals (260-311). Oh, and for some reason I took one of the 8" DVC subs out of the box to look at it and now I can't find the box. It's new, and will probably be packed in an RS225 box instead. It still has the plastic protective covering on the top, which can be seen in the picture.

Part prices have increased since Paul made his BOM and the set I'm selling would run you ~$324 without shipping from PE. I'm asking PRICE DROPPED 4/13/09 to $210 + shipping. It hurts me, it really does. We're talking a full-range 3-way with dipole mids for under $250. I never had a chance to listen to a pair of Aethers but I will say this. I heard Paul's Sunflowers, the next dipole he designed, at the 2008 Dayton DiY in July, and they were my 2nd favorite speaker all day. I won't reveal my #1 :D

http://undefinition.googlepages.com/diy-aethers

Peerless Exclusive 830883 - SOLD!
    This pair was used in a 2-way bookshelf and look practically new. The silver frames are painted by Peerless and when screws are used the paint near the screw hole gets scuffed a little. No way to really avoid this. When you screw the driver back onto a baffle the imperfections will be gone. This is pretty much common sense but I feel obligated to give full details. Otherwise, I'd have trouble sleeping at night ;) ~$137 from Madisound, I'd like $80 + shipping.

Peerless Exclusive 831882 - SOLD!
    One of these speakers was removed and mounted to a baffle for frequency and distortion measurements and hasn't seen current since. As I was inspecting the opened one I noticed a very small "scratch" on the paper cone. I don't know if it came from the factory this way or not but I'm guessing it did as I'm extremely careful with drivers and don't know how it could have happened. The good news is it's almost impossible to notice unless you're really looking and at a distance of ~2ft or more is next to impossible to see even if you're looking for it. If I didn't tell you about it I doubt you would have even noticed it. I HIGHLY doubt this will affect performance at all. The other driver is still sealed from the fine folks at Madisound. $117 from Madisound, I'd like $70 + shipping.

SVS ISD 12" Subwoofers - SOLD!
    These came out of some SVS subs when SVS offered the upgraded driver to previous owners. It models similarly to the Adire Shiva drivers but is built like a tank. They came from the same build house as some Blueprint Audio and Beyond Audio drivers that you can see here:

http://forum.sounddomain.com/ubbthre...rue#Post522977

http://forum.sounddomain.com/ubbthre...rue#Post516632

There are plans on the net for the enclosures SVS used for these so you can build an SVS equivalent for a fraction of the price. Looking for $60 + shipping.

(4)RS52 Midranges
    Four brand new units. $32 + shipping, each.

If anyone wants to combine items I'd be more than happy to combine shipping and even give you a discount on the shipping. Less trips to UPS for me = GOOD.

Thanks for looking.
    Last edited by christianb; 04-13-2009, 11:41 PM.

Re: FS: Aether speaker kit, Peerless drivers, SVS subs, RS52s

Interested in the RS52s but cannot find any info about you. What planet are you from etc.? My zip is 65203.
    Ted
    I was tired and got tired again so now I am Re tired.

Comment

Uh, I'm from Ohio, 43228. :D Do you want a shipping estimate?

Comment

Please send me email or PM with ordering information, shipping cost of 2 or 4 of the RS52s. I will be opening a PayPal account soon. Thanks,
        Ted
        I was tired and got tired again so now I am Re tired.

Comment

PM sent for the 831882's
          ~Brandon
          Please donate to my Waveguides for CNC and 3D Printing Project!!
          Please donate to my Monster Box Construction Methods Project!!
          Soma Sonus

Comment

AHRRG!!! I'm in selling mode.:(

Comment

PM sent on 830883s.

Comment

PM sent 704s and TDFCs

Comment

Did you sell the Aether kit?
                  "...this is not a subwoofer" - Jeff Bagby ;)

Comment

Not yet. It's nice that we both live in Columbus :p

Comment

Lowered the Aethers kit price.

Comment

Dropped the price again. This will be the last price drop on these. No way I'll go to $200. For that price I'll build them and give them to one of my brothers as a present. In fact, my oldest brother is closing on his house in a few weeks and they would make a great gift for him. Please don't make me build him a pair of speakers! :p

Comment

Originally posted by christianb View Post
                          Lowered the Aethers kit price.
                          What did you lower it to?

How many pounds to ship?

Thanks......

Comment

Originally posted by dickwest View Post
                            What did you lower it to?

How many pounds to ship?

Thanks......
                            I dropped the price to $210 in the first post. It comes out to be just a hair over 35 lb. for everything. I'll ship it to you via UPS with insurance for $20. $230 total.

Comment

Working...
                            X