• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS: QSC PLX2 1804 amplifier w/ quiet fan -$450 shipped/$400 local

Hola,

Have a QSC PLX2-1804 that I'm selling as I:
    *need the funds
    *don't need so much power for my application
    *still don't like the fan noise, though it's pretty subtle with the nice quiet one

Note: the amplifier has a BRAND-NEW mainboard, as I apparently fried it (along with 2 other amplifiers I have while "troubleshooting") from a (very) faulty output from my DEQX unit. Service was done at an authorized QSC service center, and cost $400. Have the paperwork, as I JUST got it back.

More notes:
    *Amplifier puts out 550 watts RMS at 8 ohms, and 800 at 4 ohms, stereo

*there is no bridged output - only stereo

*there are only Speakon connectors. I really like Speakon connectors, and can include a pair of 10 ft. 12 ga. Speakon to bare wire cables if that's a make-it-or-break-it issue.

*the fan was replaced with a REALLY nice Papst fan with a 19db rating and 25cfm, cost $24 before shipping from Digikey.
    FAN TUBEAXIAL 80X25.4MM 24VDC - 8414NGML

*amp specifications are at:
    QSC - PLX1804 Specifications

This is a great, modern, switching power supply amplifier that can deliver a ton of power to a pair of subwoofers/woofers. Given the amount of power, I was going to actually run the pair of 8 ohm subwoofers per side I have in SERIES instead of PARALLEL to increase damping factor/reduce cable effects, and actually get the amplifier going a little.

Going to instead use a lower power amplifier, as I think I was worrying way too much about "dynamic range" considering I'm dealing with a pair of 15" sub/woofers per side...

Shipping is included in the $450 asking price; or the amplifier is $400 if picked up in Los Angeles. Price is pretty firm.

Let me know if you have any questions.
    cheers,
    -Tal
    Last edited by taloyd; 08-05-2013, 05:04 PM.

Re: FS: QSC PLX2 1804 amplifier w/ quiet fan -$450 shipped/$400 local

Hello,

This amp is perfect - good as new from a QSC authorized repair center, but way less than new price. This is pretty much an ideal stereo subwoofer amplifier - powerful, efficient, quiet, and pro-audio reliable.

cheers,
    -Tal

Comment

Dropping price a bit: $430 shipped, $380 local to Los Angeles; will also throw in a pair of really nice 10 ft. Speakon cables.

This is a GREAT stereo subwoofer amplifier. Would also be great for an IB setup.

cheers,
      -Tal

Comment

Already picked up replacement amplifier (with less than half the RMS power). Price drop to $380 picked up, or $400 shipped!

thanks,
        -Tal

Comment

Despite a few bites, still available! $360 picked up, $400 shipped!

Also have a nice Steward PA-200B for $120 shipped, or $100 with the QSC amp. $20 less for local pickup in both cases.
          PA-200B is
          90W RMS x 2 @ 4 ohms
          50W RMS x 2 @ 8 ohms
          200W RMS x 1 @ 4 ohms (yes, it's stereo 2 ohm stable - has a switch to lower rail voltage!)

thanks,
          -Tal

Comment

Sold locally, thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X