Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FS: Infinity High-Dollar Powered Monitors - Sold for Parts!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS: Infinity High-Dollar Powered Monitors - Sold for Parts!

Sold and shipped, thanks.

For sale is a pair of Infinity Intermezzo 2.6 with cherry faux-wood accent panels, grilles, original box and owners manual. These had a retail price of $2k when first introduced. See this Stereophile article. Price is $150 plus shipping from 97227. Lowball offers are okay but post them here so everyone can see what a cheapskate you are.

These are not functional because they won't power up. They used to work and started periodically failing to turn on. I took them to a shop and paid someone $50 to take them apart and investigate. While in the shop they worked fine, no problems apparent to fix. If you are clever with electronics you may be able to make them work normally. Otherwise these are nice parts for some DIY endeavor.

Cabinets are die-cast aluminum. Very nice long-throw 7" midwoofers. Tweeter is probably a weak link in this design, because the original crossover frequency was 2800 Hz, really too high, causing a loss of output off-axis in the crossover region. However this tweeter could be reused with a smaller midrange, reverse mounted as you would a Vifa OX20.

Guts include crossover networks and 250w amps for the woofers. It's a semi-active design, as the tweeters are powered by your receiver or amp. Grilles and accent panels are included but some of the rubber grommets are missing so they don't want to stay on. It's possible you could get a set of grommets from Infinity, they used to sell them. The rubber feet are also missing because the glue failed over time. Age of these speakers is about 10 years.

EDIT to say the rubber grommets are all accounted for. I'll even throw in some stick-on felt glides to replace the rubber feet.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Infinity_04.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	276.0 KB
ID:	1182689Click image for larger version

Name:	Infinity_01.JPG
Size:	296.0 KB
ID:	1182690Click image for larger version

Name:	Infinity_02.JPG
Size:	300.7 KB
ID:	1182691Click image for larger version

Name:	Infinity_03.JPG
Size:	227.0 KB
ID:	1182692
    Last edited by Flint; 11-05-2012, 07:57 PM. Reason: Sold

Re: FS: Infinity High-Dollar Powered Monitors - Sold for Parts!

Discount: $100 + shipping. Don't make me melt these down for scrap metal. The photo doesn't show but there are vents below the spider in the woofer. It has an unusual mounting flange that would take some improvisation if someone wanted to use them in another cabinet. Four screws hold it from the back side of the baffle. Looks tidy from the front this way.

Comment

Alright, you've twisted my arm enough. Pm sent.
      Thanks,
      Aaron

Comment

Originally posted by aarond View Post
        Alright, you've twisted my arm enough. Pm sent.
        Same. I don't want to build speakers anymore. But I only feel this way on Sundays, Tuesdays and when it's cold and/or raining.

Comment

Interested, pm sent

Comment

Working...
          X