• craigk
    replied
    I have Focal tweeters. P.m. me

Leave a comment:

• davidc1
    replied
    Originally posted by spitfun View Post
    Re: VMPS Supertower III SE Speakers

The new replacement tweeters were purchased direct from Brian Cheney at VMPS. The surrounds on the Focals were deteriorating and cannot be repaired ,that's why they were replaced. All drivers in theses are VMPS units.
    I know this is a massive longshot...but, do you remember what tweeters you put in to replace the Focal T120's? I just bought a pair of ST III's, and I am having the surround on the Focals repaired (there is a place in the Netherlands that produces them), but I'd sure like to know what else I can use. Also, when you replaced them, did you have to change the crossover? Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• spitfun
    replied

Deposit taken-looks like these are sold!!!

Leave a comment:

• spitfun
    replied

The new replacement tweeters were purchased direct from Brian Cheney at VMPS. The surrounds on the Focals were deteriorating and cannot be repaired ,that's why they were replaced. All drivers in theses are VMPS units.

Leave a comment:

• dfaulds
    replied

What did use in place of the original Focal tweeters, and do you still have any of the Focals?

Leave a comment:

• spitfun
    replied

Originally posted by Mike b View Post
    I would just like to hear them....They look great
    They sound awesome,just downsizing...

Leave a comment:

• Mike b
    replied

I would just like to hear them....They look great

Leave a comment:

• spitfun
    started a topic VMPS Supertower III SE Speakers

VMPS Supertower III SE Speakers

f you are looking at these speakers then you already know how awesome they are-Best of Show at CES in 1998. $7000.00 new,upgraded woofers and tweeters,6.5' tall,300 pound monsters... All silver core wiring with Soundcoat. These 6' tall,these 19" wide and deep monsters deliver unmatched deep, powerful bass and plenty of sound pressure and imaging to fill the largest listening room or your small movie theatre. 15 drivers in each including one 15" PR and 4 active drivers--1, 15" and 3-12" woofers. 500 watt capacity but plenty of music at 100 watts. Excellent imaging and frequency response from 4, 5" carbon fiber midranges and 4-1" dome tweeters plus a ribbon tweeter. Many drivers replaced or resuspended within the past 5 years,Special Editions-very few made and rarely come up for sale...You can't get better sound for less... MINT condition.. $2500.00 Rich 313-377-9542
    Attached Files
    Last edited by spitfun; 02-16-2015, 03:57 PM.
Working...
X