Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wolf
    replied
    They are well known, and sound great! You can get them through Meniscus.
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• Donovad
    replied
    Wolf,

I actually logged in today with the intent of asking you about one of Jeff's lesser known designs, the Spirit Winds, and stumbled across this thread. I'll post a new thread hoping for some feedback.

Daniel

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied
    Unfortunately, that is a no. Jeff passed away not too long ago and his drivers have been selling off. I do know that he sold these long before that happened though.
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• davidc1
    replied
    I know this is a long shot, but I don't suppose you still have these? Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Jeff B.
    replied
    Re: FS: Pair of VMPS (BG) 7" Dipole Planar Midranges

Originally posted by Navy Guy View Post
    Jeff, do you have any measurements on these?
    I do, but nothing I can really post. They are purely resistive, like other planars. And as I said above - The driver needs a notch filter at 5kHz, once applied it is very flat from about 500 Hz to about 12 kHz rolling off on both ends. It does need something to help it in the top octave.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff B.
    replied

Originally posted by dfaulds View Post
    Hey, those look familiar. Did you end up doing anything with the larger Acculines?
    At this time I am keeping the Acculines. Hopefully, I will get to use them sometime.

Leave a comment:

• Navy Guy
    replied

Jeff, do you have any measurements on these?

Leave a comment:

• dfaulds
    replied

Hey, those look familiar. Did you end up doing anything with the larger Acculines?

Leave a comment:

• Jeff B.
    replied

Originally posted by Wolf View Post
    ....and they are ugly! :D

I got to look at them a couple months ago, and considered them myself but ultimately turned them down.

GLWS!
    Wolf
    True, but if someone used a little bit of grill cloth this could get thing into a good-performing dipole planar at nice price. Should outperform most dome mids without any trouble.

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied

....and they are ugly! :D

I got to look at them a couple months ago, and considered them myself but ultimately turned them down.

GLWS!
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• Jeff B.
    replied

Originally posted by 6thplanet View Post
    What kinda top end do they have? Neo8ish?
    The driver needs a notch filter at 5kHz, once applied it is very flat from about 500 Hz to about 12 kHz rolling off on both ends. It does need something in the top octave.

Leave a comment:

• 6thplanet
    replied

What kinda top end do they have? Neo8ish?

Leave a comment:

• Jeff B.
    started a topic FS: Pair of VMPS (BG) 7" Dipole Planar Midranges

FS: Pair of VMPS (BG) 7" Dipole Planar Midranges

I have a pair of used VMPS 7" dipole planar midrange drivers made by BG. These are not real pretty, but I have measured them and they appear to be in perfect working order. I have also developed a crossover for them that yields extremely flat response from about 1.1 kHz up. I can supply that, along with frd and zma files to the buyer. I will sell these for $100 for the pair plus shipping, or I can bring them with me to the Indiana Gathering in Fort Wayne if that will be easier. I would even considering trading them even though I'm not looking for anything in particular at this time. However, if you have an offer let me know, maybe I'll take you up on it.

By the way, pictured is the front of one and the backside of the other. Both drivers look exactly the same.

Jeff B.
    Last edited by Jeff B.; 02-10-2016, 09:27 PM.
Working...
X