Wt3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wt3

I will be getting Omni Mic V2 and already have WT3. What if any would be the advantages to getting the new DATS?
    Thanks.

Re: Wt3

Originally posted by edgecreek View Post
    I will be getting Omni Mic V2 and already have WT3. What if any would be the advantages to getting the new DATS?
    Thanks.
    If you're using WT3 to generate .zma files, then not much.

AFAIK, DATS/WT3 hardwares and softwares are compatible with each other. The new DATS hardware has been designed to "settle down" a bit quicker than the WT3, maybe 30 seconds instead of 90. Not too big a deal.

The DATS software has some new bells and whistles. It has specific routines for reading resistor, coil, and cap values. The WT3 also did Re and Le, and you CAN measure a cap by doing some very simple math. My DATS ends up with the exact same value for caps that I got with my WT3. It also has a tone generator built in, but (TTBOMK) not any FR measurement capabilities (although that might be on the horizon - who knows?). I'm learning ARTA for FR, so that won't be too important to me.

If you want/need those software capabilities, I'd think that the DATS software would be cheaper than getting the new software/hardware package.

chris

Comment

Re: Wt3

Thanks Chris.

Comment

Working...
      X