OmniMic V2 Calibration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OmniMic V2 Calibration

I have two sets of OmniMic and I saw an issue with mic calibration for V2. The following measurements are taken from the same speaker (in different rooms), at the same distance and same height (Tweeter center).

The first picture is the original v1.

Click image for larger version

Name:	OM1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	1181139

The second picture is the re-calibrated v1. The higher frequency shows some difference.

Name:	OM2.jpg
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	1181140

The 3rd picture is the V2 with calibration file. This measurement uses a longer windows so you can see more "reflection" but the trending at the higher frequency should be consistent with the "correct" calibration.

Name:	OM3v2.jpg
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	1181141

I think calibrated v2 is "most correct" comparing to my other measurement equipment. But the V2 is a bit off at the higher frequency.

Any V2 users have similar issue?

Re: OmniMic V2 Calibration

hard to look at them this way. save the curves, then add them back with thick traces with out adjusting their level but didderent colors so they will be on the same graph.
    " To me, the soundstage presentation is more about phase and distortion and less about size. However, when you talk about bass extension, there's no replacement for displacement". Tyger23. 4.2015

Quote Originally Posted by hongrn. Oct 2014
    Do you realize that being an American is like winning the biggest jackpot ever??

http://www.midwestaudioclub.com/spot...owell-simpson/
    http://s413.photobucket.com/albums/pp216/arlis/

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
      hard to look at them this way. save the curves, then add them back with thick traces with out adjusting their level but didderent colors so they will be on the same graph.
      How can I do bigger pictures on the forum?

If you look at 10K and above. It's easy to identify where the calibration is off.

Comment

OmniMic V2 Calibration

When I calibrated my games they had similar numbers. I used tha automatic calibration, for me is good. But I know calibration is different from person to person. I studied music and I can read the notes in advance, maybe Im a little favourite.

Comment

Were you able to find out what was causing the HF roll-off?

I'm seeing the exact same 6-7dB roll-off above 9khz with my OmniMic V2 when testing tweeters with known flat response above 9khz. I also have a EMM-6/MLS based measurement system and it doesn't show a roll-off. I've tried several different CD players and computers. There's nothing in the OmniMic calibration file that would suggest a mis-calibration is the cause. So unless I'm doing something wrong, I can only conclude the mic was damaged during shipping.

Other than this minor issue, I've been extremely happy with the OmniMic's accuracy and ease of use.

EDIT: I'm relieved to say this was indeed caused by mis-calibration of the mic. An easy fix.
          Last edited by ecj; 10-13-2015, 06:42 AM. Reason: Found the cause.

Comment

Working...
          X