X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bwaslo
    replied
    Re: Omnimic program hangs often

Or direct Praxis to use a different soundcard (whatever else is in the computer). It won't actually do anything with it, other than ping it to see if it's there.... unless you run the 'free RTA' mode.

Leave a comment:

• Deward Hastings
    replied

Originally posted by PEB View Post
    I can't help but wonder if Praxis Demo is in resource conflict with the OmniMic.
    Praxis Demo? Turn it off. Completely, like don't load it at all.

If OmniMic then works properly it's a Praxis Demo problem, eh?

Leave a comment:

• Chris Roemer
    replied

Originally posted by PEB View Post
    I really don't think it is a USB problem.
    I can't help but wonder if Praxis Demo is in resource conflict with the OmniMic. I tried Selecting NONE for all the sound card options within Praxis, but OM still hangs.
    The thing is, each OM acquisition needs to be immediately imported into Praxis for further processing, so by the time I am ready to go back to OM, the program has hung.

Frustrating.

Phil
    I USED to know all this stuff, but is that Pentium III 16-bit?

Leave a comment:

• PEB
    replied

I really don't think it is a USB problem.
    I can't help but wonder if Praxis Demo is in resource conflict with the OmniMic. I tried Selecting NONE for all the sound card options within Praxis, but OM still hangs.
    The thing is, each OM acquisition needs to be immediately imported into Praxis for further processing, so by the time I am ready to go back to OM, the program has hung.

Frustrating.

Phil

Leave a comment:

• Jeff B.
    replied

Hey Phil,

Is this happening when you are using the really long USB cable? I think there can be problems with long passive cables and data transfer.

Leave a comment:

• Deward Hastings
    replied

Also make sure your USB drivers are updated and, as Jeff said, that there are no sound card or USB conflicts . . . XP often has issues with both.

I've never had a "freeze" problem with my old (but fully updated) XP system (a refurb IBM 1Ghz box) or either of my Win7 laptops (one of which is a 1.2 Ghz "netbook" with a VIA processor). It's a fair guess that your problem is NOT with OmniMic . . .

Leave a comment:

• bwaslo
    replied

I've seen a loose USB connection cause freezes. Maybe try a different USB cord and different USB port on the computer?

Leave a comment:

• arlis_1957@yahoo.com
    replied

Seriously, go to tigerdirect and get a barebones computer and Windows7. You won't regret it.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff B.
    replied

I have never had a freeze.

This sounds like a hardware conflict in the computer. When the OmniMic is connected check all of the soundcard settings and make sure there's no conclict with another sound device.

Leave a comment:

• exojam
    replied

No freezes here.

James

Leave a comment:

• PEB
    started a topic Omnimic program hangs often

Omnimic program hangs often

Does anyone experience multiple OmniMic program freezes like me?

PC is old (for LMS ISA card), but it always runs solid.
    P3-350MHz
    XP Pro

Please, no heckling about the PC vintage. It does the job in the lab just great.

Thanks,
    Phil Bamberg
Working...
X