• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff B.
    replied
    Re: Early OM v4 software download for forum readers

Originally posted by bwaslo View Post
    Pre-official-download of the new version of Omnimic software. I'll be doing a short talk on this at the MWAF next Saturday.

http://www.libinst.com/Omnimic/OmniMicInstall.exe

--
    Features in this version:
    • Automatic (or manual) equalization parameter export to MiniDSP, can work on average responses at multiple seating positions.
    • Built-in Z-Axis offset calculator for determining depth differences between tweeters and midranges, allows accurate crossover design.
    • text notes can be added onto Snapshot files for publishing online
    • Speech Transmission Index (STI) and RASTI calculated in the Energy Time Curve display.
    • Dual tone sine/square wave generator for computer soundcard
    • Zooming, smoothing, and multiple curves in the ETC plot.
    • Can download microphone calibration files directly from the web.
    • Longer time lengths supported in waterfalls and Wavelet spectrograms for room analysis
    • 690msec WAV file export for impulse responses
    • Phase display in Added Curves
    • Easy curve splicing (such as joining tweeter and woofer curves) for display
    • New math function for main curve: vector sum with data from saved FRD files, with delay adjustment
    • Compatible with V1 or V2 hardware

Bill,
    Is the current ver 4 that comes with the new OmniMic the same as this file that I downloaded? I have been using this version 4 for quite a while now, but I was a but frustrated with the way the snap shots of the charts would always be so small (it actually changes size on the screen and then pops back to the former setting after it saves). I switched back to a version 3.x and, although some of the new features were missing I could get snap shot with the appearance that I wanted, like the one below. I went ahead and switched back to ver. 4, but I am stuck with the small snapshots again. Is there something I can do to get snapshots like I had in version 3?

Thanks,
    Jeff

Leave a comment:

• ErinH
    replied
    I'm late to the party but just wanted to say thanks for listening to the community. I know some of these changes were requests from the users. Even if you were already considering them it's cool to see them available now.

Leave a comment:

• bwaslo
    replied

There's some discussion of making this a blu-ray (7.1 channel) instead. Any thoughts on that? I'm not sure of the authoring requirements for doing that, though.

Leave a comment:

• DangeRuss
    replied

Originally posted by dcibel View Post
    Some cool new features there! Now where is that 5 channel test tone DVD? ;)

Plus one..........

Leave a comment:

• takitaj
    replied

Found it! I should have looked a little harder. Also looks like I should glare over the entire help file. A lot has changed or been added since the first version. Thanks!

TJ

Leave a comment:

• bwaslo
    replied

That is covered in the Help, I believe.

Leave a comment:

• takitaj
    replied

I have a question, how do you access and use the built-in z offset calculator?

Some great new functionality, thanks!

TJ

Leave a comment:

• dcibel
    replied

Some cool new features there! Now where is that 5 channel test tone DVD? ;)

Leave a comment:

• arlis_1957@yahoo.com
    replied

i like the idea of having phase info in added files. look foward to your talk.

Leave a comment:

• bwaslo
    started a topic Early OM v4 software download for forum readers

Early OM v4 software download for forum readers

Pre-official-download of the new version of Omnimic software. I'll be doing a short talk on this at the MWAF next Saturday.

http://www.libinst.com/Omnimic/OmniMicInstall.exe

--
    Features in this version:
    • Automatic (or manual) equalization parameter export to MiniDSP, can work on average responses at multiple seating positions.
    • Built-in Z-Axis offset calculator for determining depth differences between tweeters and midranges, allows accurate crossover design.
    • text notes can be added onto Snapshot files for publishing online
    • Speech Transmission Index (STI) and RASTI calculated in the Energy Time Curve display.
    • Dual tone sine/square wave generator for computer soundcard
    • Zooming, smoothing, and multiple curves in the ETC plot.
    • Can download microphone calibration files directly from the web.
    • Longer time lengths supported in waterfalls and Wavelet spectrograms for room analysis
    • 690msec WAV file export for impulse responses
    • Phase display in Added Curves
    • Easy curve splicing (such as joining tweeter and woofer curves) for display
    • New math function for main curve: vector sum with data from saved FRD files, with delay adjustment
    • Compatible with V1 or V2 hardware
Working...
X