• arlis_1957@yahoo.com
    replied
    Re: Please help with omnimicv2

Glad it worked out for you.

Leave a comment:

• JustinM
    replied

I sent my omnimicv2 back and got a new one pretty fast. Used it for a few hours over the last couple nights mostly measuring freq and bass decay and frequently checking spl meter for the same erratic behavior. So far its been working fine as far as I can tell and has never said input overload at any reasonable volume level usually 70-85 dbls. Parts-Express provided excellent customer service as usual, which is refreshingly pleasant compared to most businesses I have had to put up with.

Leave a comment:

• JustinM
    replied

Originally posted by donradick View Post
    Thanks for the post Justin!
    The same thing is happenning to me. I just haven't had time to post details, but my experience is
    exactly the same as yours. OM worked for a while, then started giving "overload" even at low volumes.
    Im glad to hear that other people are having the same issue and at the same time not so glad there is an issue? I am not familiar with measuring equipment and wasnt sure if it may have been my mic or the new computer i purchased specifically for the omnimicv2. Tried the omnimic on 2 other computers which eventually started repeating the same behavior. I sent mic in yesterday for a replacement and hope to be measuring this weekend.

Leave a comment:

• donradick
    replied

Thanks for the post Justin!
    The same thing is happenning to me. I just haven't had time to post details, but my experience is
    exactly the same as yours. OM worked for a while, then started giving "overload" even at low volumes.

Originally posted by JustinM View Post
    I think I had my omnimicv2 working for a little while, but after moving it to a different location the computer screen constantly keeps reading input overload even after moving the slider to min level? I also lowered the volume on stereo but still said input overload? Also the spl meter is fluctuating between 50 and 120dbs with no noise in the room except laptop? Tried unplugging everything and restarting, but still wont work? Not sure what I might be doing wrong. I have never done any measurements before so this is all new to me, but like I said it seemed to be working when testing freq response and bass decay just a short while ago? Any help would be much appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• arlis_1957@yahoo.com
    replied

i dont think omnimic cares. gateway is still in bussiness?!?

Leave a comment:

• JustinM
    replied

Thanks arlis. I hope its just the mic and not the new computer I purchased just to use for measurements? I only have a limited time to send back computer if it wont work with omnimicv2. Its a Gateway notebook running windows 7 home premium 64bit?

Leave a comment:

• arlis_1957@yahoo.com
    replied

you got a bad mic. make a call to pe for a replacement.

Leave a comment:

• JustinM
    started a topic Please help with omnimicv2

Please help with omnimicv2

I think I had my omnimicv2 working for a little while, but after moving it to a different location the computer screen constantly keeps reading input overload even after moving the slider to min level? I also lowered the volume on stereo but still said input overload? Also the spl meter is fluctuating between 50 and 120dbs with no noise in the room except laptop? Tried unplugging everything and restarting, but still wont work? Not sure what I might be doing wrong. I have never done any measurements before so this is all new to me, but like I said it seemed to be working when testing freq response and bass decay just a short while ago? Any help would be much appreciated.
Working...
X