Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frequency response help?

I just got the OmniMic today.

I measured my frequency response today and have/had no idea what I'm doing. I left everything 'stock' in the software. The only thing I changed was the octave smoothing.

Are there step by step guides anywhere? I read the manual but it only described what each button did.

I've attached a pic of what I got.Click image for larger version

Name:	Response.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	1183195

Re: Frequency response help?

Originally posted by lucasa.miller View Post
    I just got the OmniMic today.

I measured my frequency response today and have/had no idea what I'm doing. I left everything 'stock' in the software. The only thing I changed was the octave smoothing.

Are there step by step guides anywhere? I read the manual but it only described what each button did.

I've attached a pic of what I got.[ATTACH=CONFIG]32505[/ATTACH]
    The full user guide should be included in your software, but here is a link to it as well. It should cover just about anything you have a question on:
    http://www.daytonaudio.com/OmniMicV4/index_OmniMic.html

Jeff B.
    Click here for Jeff Bagby's Loudspeaker Design Software

Comment

I know nothing about Omnimic, but that looks like a tweeter in reverse polarity and lot of room gain in the bottom octaves. Or maybe you are not measuring loud enough.
      Don't listen to me - I have not sold any $150,000 speakers.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyrichards View Post
        I know nothing about Omnimic, but that looks like a tweeter in reverse polarity and lot of room gain in the bottom octaves. Or maybe you are not measuring loud enough.
        You're right, the level is way too low, probably hitting close to the noise floor of the room.

Comment

I'll re-test louder. My wife was sitting there and kinda getting annoyed by it so I didn't turn it up very loud.

I'll also take a L and R measurment to compare the two.

Comment

yes its very sensitive and will pick up the fishtank pump, furnace, humidifier, computer fans. you need to turn it up. give the wife some cash and send her shopping. ;)
            " To me, the soundstage presentation is more about phase and distortion and less about size. However, when you talk about bass extension, there's no replacement for displacement". Tyger23. 4.2015

Quote Originally Posted by hongrn. Oct 2014
            Do you realize that being an American is like winning the biggest jackpot ever??

http://www.midwestaudioclub.com/spot...owell-simpson/
            http://s413.photobucket.com/albums/pp216/arlis/

Comment

I thought I was good by sending the kids to grandmas house, but I'll take your advice and throw some cash at her.

Should I do a measurement with each speaker separately (sub, front, left, right, etc)? Or all together?

Comment

Here are the settings

Sine sweep - checked
                Blended - checked

Here are the Left and Right on 1/6 smoothing

Left Click image for larger version

Name:	new l.jpg
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	1146062

Right Click image for larger version

Name:	new r 16.jpg
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	1146063

Comment

Question, what is the best smoothing?

Here is it at 1/12 smoothing

Left Click image for larger version

Name:	new l 112.jpg
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	1146064

Right Click image for larger version

Name:	new r 112.jpg
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	1146065

Could the stuffing be causing this? I used foam mattress pad. I think I'll take it out of one and see if it changes anything...

Comment

This time was also just the speaker, no sub and my receiver was in 'pure direct' mode.

Comment

What speaker is this?

Comment

It's a speaker I built from help with folks from this site. It uses the Underhung TB 6.5 and Dayton RS28.

http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...p-Dayton-Tweet

Comment

This weekend I'm going to turn on my receivers room corrrection feature and re-measure. I turned it off because it had turned my sub way too low. I have a Yamaha receiver and I think it's called YAPO room correction.

I'll post an updated measurement shortly.

Comment

Before you do that, can you reverse the polarity on the tweeter leads? That suckout in that region looks suspicious.

Also, why are so many Omnimic plots showing falling response above 10 or 15k?

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyrichards View Post
                              Before you do that, can you reverse the polarity on the tweeter leads? That suckout in that region looks suspicious.

Also, why are so many Omnimic plots showing falling response above 10 or 15k?
                              That would most likely be caused by the electronics that the sweep is being played through. I have never had a plot that was falling at the top unless that was the actual response of the driver.

I also don't like all of this smoothing either, but I guess that's just me.

Comment

Working...
                              X