Omni Mic Broken?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Omni Mic Broken?

This is in a quiet room with no test signal. Same result on my other computer. Anybody seen this before?

Click image for larger version

Name:	omni mic.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	1183287

Re: Omni Mic Broken?

The frequency resp test is looking for a test track. Run the test with the right test track.

Originally posted by dcgold2000 View Post
    This is in a quiet room with no test signal. Same result on my other computer. Anybody seen this before?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32863[/ATTACH]

Comment

The anomaly still appears in this tweeter curve when the test signal was present.

Name:	tweeter curve.jpg
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	1146270

Comment

60Hz, seems like AC hum, but my fridge isn't THAT loud.

Comment

does it show up on the spl fuction?
          " To me, the soundstage presentation is more about phase and distortion and less about size. However, when you talk about bass extension, there's no replacement for displacement". Tyger23. 4.2015

Quote Originally Posted by hongrn. Oct 2014
          Do you realize that being an American is like winning the biggest jackpot ever??

http://www.midwestaudioclub.com/spot...owell-simpson/
          http://s413.photobucket.com/albums/pp216/arlis/

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
            does it show up on the spl fuction?
            Yep!

Name:	omni mic 2.jpg
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	1146272Click image for larger version

Name:	omni mic 2 spl.jpg
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	1146273

Comment

if you humm into the mike, does it seem to reflect the humm. if not, i would say you have a bad mic.
              it happens.
              " To me, the soundstage presentation is more about phase and distortion and less about size. However, when you talk about bass extension, there's no replacement for displacement". Tyger23. 4.2015

Do you realize that being an American is like winning the biggest jackpot ever??

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                if you humm into the mike, does it seem to reflect the humm. if not, i would say you have a bad mic.
                it happens.
                It responds to sounds but the peaks are stuck there. Without smoothing.

Name:	omni mic 3.jpg
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	1146274

Comment

you should call tech support and try to get another.

Comment

Originally posted by dcgold2000 View Post
                    It responds to sounds but the peaks are stuck there. Without smoothing.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32873[/ATTACH]

Is this a lap top or a desktop computer? I run OmniMic from my laptop. If I run off the battery then my response is clean. If I plug the charger in to the wall then I get a spike at 60Hz. The OmniMic electronics are picking up the line frequency. It's not an SPL thing, it's an electronic thing.
                    Click here for Jeff Bagby's Loudspeaker Design Software

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff B. View Post
                      Is this a lap top or a desktop computer? I run OmniMic from my laptop. If I run off the battery then my response is clean. If I plug the charger in to the wall then I get a spike at 60Hz. The OmniMic electronics are picking up the line frequency. It's not an SPL thing, it's an electronic thing.
                      Thanks Jeff. Actually it was 2 different desk tops in two different buildings. I returned the Omnimic to PE and it has been replaced under warranty. Kudos to PE for standing by their products, All is Good.

Comment

Got my replacement quickly, finally tested it yesterday. Worked perfectly, of course. Thanks for the thread -- I was really puzzled with the response from the faulty one.

I think I hear a difference - wow, it's amazing!" Ethan Winer: audio myths
                        "As God is my witness I'll never be without a good pair of speakers!" Scarlett O'Hara

High value, high quality RS150/TB28-537SH bookshelf - TARGAS NLA!
                        SB13/Vifa BC25SC06 MTM DCR Galeons-SB13-MTM
                        My Voxel min sub Yet-another-Voxel-build

Tangband W6-sub

Comment

Originally posted by donradick View Post
                          I was really puzzled with the response from the faulty one.
                          So was I Don.

Comment

I just figured out mine was assembled wrong the other day. I had a hum in it, but it had been on the self long enough to probably be out of warranty. I noticed that the notch for the cable lock was not in the right place. Took three screws off, carefully used the female side of the mic cable to grab the internal bits and carefully pull them out. After rotating the connector to the right location, one of the screws hit a grounding plate that attached to the metal outside of the mic. Before the three screws just hit plastic. That probably came out a little confusing, but in short, the ground wasn't attached.

If its under warranty, send it in, if not, you still might be able to fix it.

Comment

Working...
                            X