Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I give up

Originally posted by christianb View Post
    The first Omnimic I received had an horrific upper response that you can see from this graph:

Was this a Pseudo Noise signal or the Swept Sine signal? I've experimented with both... seems the Sine gives me better high freq measurements.
    ~Marty

Baby Eidolons
    Sapphos
    Cables (Post #54)
    Other speakers (Post #21)
    Design Thoughts (Posts: 6,10,13,33,35)
    Boundary Augmentation
    Dispersion/Interference

Comment

The OmniMic manual also mentions this issue...

I apologize if this information is "old hat" to you, I'm just trying to help out. See the screenshot of the manual below...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Omni-3b.gif
Views:	1
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	1149793
      ~Marty

Baby Eidolons
      Sapphos
      Cables (Post #54)
      Other speakers (Post #21)
      Design Thoughts (Posts: 6,10,13,33,35)
      Boundary Augmentation
      Dispersion/Interference

Comment

You still in Columbus? I can loan you a mic until you get sorted?
        "...this is not a subwoofer" - Jeff Bagby ;)

Comment

I just used my new OM yesterday and had not problems using it with my Toshiba laptop w/ver. 7 win. Also had downloaded BW's latest June 2 update. I ran thru most of the test features and found the oscilloscope to be of little use - at least for me. The manual could have been a little more explicit on pg. 7 in the paragraph that starts with 'Doing a frequency response meas. with OM is easy....." Right there it should add you need to use the pause button to freeze a measurement. I was used to Holm and that simply had a measurement button the took you thru the whole process and stopped all by itself. OM just keeps running real time until you click that pause button. I'm still getting used to saving files and calling them back up to display. The 20 file limit on OM is what I'm looking forward to as a distinct advantage over Holm's 3 measurement display limit.
          Live in Southern N.E.? check out the CT Audio Society web site.

Comment

Looks like I'm in the same boat as Christian (though not as drastic a drop). Only I've had my Omnimic for a lot longer before I realized it. I'll shoot PE an email but I won't expect too much as I think I've had it for over a year. Maybe not... Hopefully up to 5k is good so I might still be able to figure out a decent crossover.

People hear with their eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by DanHine View Post
              Looks like I'm in the same boat as Christian (though not as drastic a drop). Only I've had my Omnimic for a lot longer before I realized it. I'll shoot PE an email but I won't expect too much as I think I've had it for over a year. Maybe not... Hopefully up to 5k is good so I might still be able to figure out a decent crossover.

Quick question, are you feeding the tracks from the OmniMic CD or from the PC itself? If from your PC, what sound card and amplifier are you using? Have you tried more than one amplifier, or more than one CD player or sound card? If the upstream components of the audio output chain are not flat, then the data provided by OmniMic will reflect that.

Also, what is the serial number of your microphone?
              Best Regards,

Rory Buszka
              Product Manager, Dayton Audio

The best way to predict the future is to create it.

Comment

Working...
              X