Looking for suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for suggestions

What is the cheapest way to be able to measure speakers and save/output useful data (like fr and minimum phase in a .frd file)?

Be real nice if it could use the imm6 (little cheap Dayton mic) as I already have it. (needs ability to input cal file).

Even if it can't use the baby mic, what is my absolute cheapest option?

I bought the imm6 and the basic version of audio tools for my iphone, which is nice to measure and look at for reference, but doesn't seem to be able to save and transfer .frd files; and the phase portion of the program is an extra $70+....

thanks

Re: Looking for suggestions

Win a FREE EMM-6 as a "door prize" (at a DIY event).
    Use ARTA for FR measurements (it's also free).
    Buy a "Blue Icicle" for about $35 (from some NYC camera store - shipping was included).
    (You CAN use the (6ft?) USB cable that comes w/the "cicle", foregoing the cost of a mic cable - JR does this.)
    Buy a WT3 on Cyber Monday for $69 (several years back).
    So, my measurement "system" ran me $104, and does F and Z files.

Comment

Nice, exactly what I was wondering. Lucky score with the mic. Is the ARTA software relatively user friendly?

Comment

Last time I checked, the free version of Arta will not let you save FRD files.
        "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche

http://www.diy-ny.com/

Comment

Originally posted by dynamo View Post
          Nice, exactly what I was wondering. Lucky score with the mic. Is the ARTA software relatively user friendly?
          Try HOLM Impulse. It is free and lets you save frd. There is a starter guide in the speaker building bible sticky.

Comment

Incorrect Sir.

The FREE ARTA does save out .frd files, w/ or w/out phase. It accepts mic cal files, lets you "gate", adjust mic levels, and does RTA as well. I THINK you can also measure impedance (for T/S parms and .zma files - but you might need to build that "jig" thing). The only thing the FREE ARTA won't do is to save "project" files (like the "for sale" version one will).

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Roemer View Post
              Incorrect Sir.

The FREE ARTA does save out .frd files, w/ or w/out phase. It accepts mic cal files, lets you "gate", adjust mic levels, and does RTA as well. I THINK you can also measure impedance (for T/S parms and .zma files - but you might need to build that "jig" thing). The only thing the FREE ARTA won't do is to save "project" files (like the "for sale" version one will).

Chris,

I downloaded the free ARTA, but it says to save anything I need to buy a license. Is there a different version you have? Any suggestions as to what I need to do to get the free one to save? Here is the link of where I got it:

http://www.artalabs.hr/download.htm

Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X