phase question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phase question

hello,just getting started using Omni mic and need some advise on what my phase should look like in relationship to the frequency response measurement. anyone that can shed some light on this would be great! thanks!
    Attached Files

Re: phase question

Looks OK to me (never used Omni mic before, though).
    5ms SEEMs a bit long. You'd basically need to have nothing closer to your mic/DUT than about 6' (which would preclude 12' ceilings w/the measurements taken 6' off the floor) to be reflection-free.

Comment

Is your driver on a very narrow baffle?
      You need to measure the drivers individually with phase then add them with phase so you can see the alignment.
      " To me, the soundstage presentation is more about phase and distortion and less about size. However, when you talk about bass extension, there's no replacement for displacement". Tyger23. 4.2015

Quote Originally Posted by hongrn. Oct 2014
      Do you realize that being an American is like winning the biggest jackpot ever??

http://www.midwestaudioclub.com/spot...owell-simpson/
      http://s413.photobucket.com/albums/pp216/arlis/

Comment

the baffle is about 2" wider than the woofer on ea side. Click image for larger version

Name:	016.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	380.4 KB
ID:	1165336 thank you for the info,i will measure like you said and see what I come up with.

Comment

ok I had the mic about 3' in front ,I have low ceilings less than 8ft and the speaker is about 4ft off the floor.

Comment

Better gate (for surfaces 4' away) would be 3.33ms, which limits data credibility to about 300Hz.

Comment

Working...
            X