Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Amp clipping question.

Originally posted by killa View Post
    Think I have it figured out now (see above post). Amp is in bridged mode with 80hz highpass. Speakers connected in parallel to get 4ohm load.
    Originally posted by killa View Post
    Not tops, bass cabs. My bandmates like to practice LOUD! .
    "Bass cab", "highpassed at 80 Hz"? Did you mean low pass, or is this just driving LF cabs with the "bass" filtered out (like the low mids in the Cluster****s array)?

If the building wiring isn't a fire hazard, and you've got lights dimming that much you may be in danger of blowing the transformer(s) off the pole. :-) It'll be fun. A loud bang and a shower of green sparks - just like the 4th of July. Then they'll have to put up a bigger one.

Comment

I meant bass guitar cab and yes I meant high pass not low pass . I originally was highpassing at 50hz but was trying 80hz to help with the clipping issue.

Comment

Instrument amp duty is harder on amps/speakers/electrical systems than even PA sub duty playing EDM In a dance club. You can get sustained, clipped sine wave bursts that last for several seconds, over and over and over again. You may end up needing to run 8 ohms per side. There's a reason "guitar" speakers aren't rated for very much power compared to their general purpose counterparts, and why tubes in the amps don't last very long.

Comment

Killa: have you measured the Voltage level - especially when the clipping occurs?
          "Not a Speaker Designer - Not even on the Internet"
          “Pride is your greatest enemy, humility is your greatest friend.”
          "If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."

Comment

Working...
          X