Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seos 12 Faitalpro 8"MTM 12" Subwoofer Towers

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Did you say you had a passive crossover designed for these or only the minidsp?

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by blue934
      Did you say you had a passive crossover designed for these or only the minidsp?
      Only miniDSP this far but with what I know now a passive would be very doable
      --
      Javad Shadzi
      Bay Area, CA

      2-Channel Stereo system in the works with Adcom components and 4-way towers

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by blue934
        Wow! THAT...is a man's speaker! WAF? What's that? Good to see a build using those 12's. I'm considering a project with them myself but not much feedback yet on them. David
        Hah David exactly! I have an amazing wife and she gave me the living room to play with, very lucky. The 12's are amazing midbass and are very usable as subwoofers. They also produce extremely accurate and articulate bass, will be using these more in the future. Stay tuned for the PA465S subwoofer I'm building to match these towers as well. Thanks! Javad
        --
        Javad Shadzi
        Bay Area, CA

        2-Channel Stereo system in the works with Adcom components and 4-way towers

        Comment


        • #49
          Built the PA465S subwoofer, listening impressions and more info at: http://techtalk.parts-express.com/fo...ubwoofer-build




          --
          Javad Shadzi
          Bay Area, CA

          2-Channel Stereo system in the works with Adcom components and 4-way towers

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by JavadS View Post
            Ok had a chance to take some nice photos today and spend some time with these.

            And after about an hour of tweaking this is where I stand, measured in room from the listening position.



            Cross over points sit here currently:

            Horn - 1500 24db

            Mids - 2000 24db, 80 24db

            Subwoofer - 100 12db, 20 48db

            The asymmetrical points between the mids and sub helped address some FR issues w/o any additional EQ which was nice. Also have a 5ms delay on the left subwoofer which helped with some room issues tremendously. Mids needed the most work to smooth things out especially in the 100-400hz range where there is a lot of room stuff going on. More to come, hope you guys like them, please let me know your thoughts!

            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Incredible build Javad, awesome cabinets and DSP work.

            If you are not completely satisfied with the in-room bass (without the sub), it is not uncommon to have a slight downward sloping (with increasing frequency) in-room frequency response. Try a gentle, continuous, 1dB/Octave downward slope. You should get a perception of more bass (relative to mids and highs). This will not improve the pound in your chest type of bass though.
            Thanks,
            Zach Tripp

            Comment


            • #51
              Love your builds, and how many you're able to churn out in a relatively short amount of time.

              We do our ports exactly the same way. Terminal recesses, too.

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by zach_t View Post

                Incredible build Javad, awesome cabinets and DSP work.

                If you are not completely satisfied with the in-room bass (without the sub), it is not uncommon to have a slight downward sloping (with increasing frequency) in-room frequency response. Try a gentle, continuous, 1dB/Octave downward slope. You should get a perception of more bass (relative to mids and highs). This will not improve the pound in your chest type of bass though.
                Hey Zach thank you, glad you like! This was a build I finished about a year ago, I did countless DSP configurations on it and I did end up with more a downward sloping response after this with great results. Still one of the best sounding speakers systems I've ever built, they are effortless to 120db with incredible dynamics and detail. I actually sold them to a friend a few months ago who "had to have them", and he's enjoying them now, I get to visit them whenever I want =)

                Thanks!
                Javad
                --
                Javad Shadzi
                Bay Area, CA

                2-Channel Stereo system in the works with Adcom components and 4-way towers

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by emilime75 View Post
                  Love your builds, and how many you're able to churn out in a relatively short amount of time.

                  We do our ports exactly the same way. Terminal recesses, too.
                  Thanks for the kind words, and very neat, tell me more about what you guys do!
                  Javad
                  --
                  Javad Shadzi
                  Bay Area, CA

                  2-Channel Stereo system in the works with Adcom components and 4-way towers

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Do you think these can be made with using a ribbon tweeter???? Im not a huge fan of horn. If so what one ?

                    Rich

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X