The Standards - Dayton RS28A and Peerless HDS Exclusive 830883

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stephenmarklay View Post
    Bringing this back from the dead (again).

I have been thinking about a new project and the HDS woofer is at the top of my list. I also have same narrow tower style boxes that are very similar to the knockdown cabs. Mine are not as deep but taller with the same internal dimension. I also have the correct RS28 but I have them in use. I could however try the moral tweeter or even step up on them. I also think that with my cabs a TL might be the ticket.

I am pretty interested in this one for sure.
    There's one RS28A on Ebay but it's rather expensive:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Dayton-R...MAAOSwSZ5c~plY

Geoff

Comment

Originally posted by Geoff Millar View Post

There's one RS28A on Ebay but it's rather expensive:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Dayton-R...MAAOSwSZ5c~plY

Geoff
      Thank you very much Geoff. There are a set on the US eBay site but the shielded version. He is also a forum member.

I could also pretty easily use the Morel 308 in my current set up without any issue. That would free up the RS28. That could happen

But I’m considering using some other tweeters as well.

Comment

Originally posted by stephenmarklay View Post

Thank you very much Geoff. There are a set on the US eBay site but the shielded version. He is also a forum member.

I could also pretty easily use the Morel 308 in my current set up without any issue. That would free up the RS28. That could happen

But I’m considering using some other tweeters as well.
        Although it means I now have quite a collection of drivers, I try to buy a spare of anything I've used, in case they're discontinued. So unless I really wanted to do it or the price was great, I would avoid a project using NLA drivers.

For example, I recently finished a project with the SB16pfc woofer - the funny shaped one - only to find out they've been discontinued by SB in favour of a conventional round frame! So if one of the woofers croaks, at least I have a spare.

Geoff

Comment

I haven't used the Morel 308 but I think it would work fine with this woofer.
          -Kerry

Comment

Working...
          X