Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kevin K.
    replied
    Do you use biscuits or dowels or do you find them unnecessary when using the cauls?

Leave a comment:

• PassingInterest
    replied
    I clamped half of a panel at a time.

Tip for beginners: Rather than clamping both ends then the middle, etc. It is easier to get all the work pieces aligned if you start at one end, then work your way down toward the other. I clamped downward for alignment, then placed a clamp very close to the caul and clamped the strips together. Then, moved the caul and did it again - always clamping close to the caul.

Click image for larger version

Name:	096.JPG
Views:	377
Size:	115.6 KB
ID:	1337807

Two halves clamped.

Name:	095.JPG
Views:	367
Size:	107.4 KB
ID:	1337808

I now have four Mahogany side panels ready for the router template.

Name:	097.JPG
Views:	378
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	1337809

Leave a comment:

• PassingInterest
    replied
    Thanks, Matt!

Leave a comment:

• donradick
    replied
    Originally posted by mattp View Post

I'm not sure why you think this is OK to post but consider yourself warned.
    Thanks Matt!

Leave a comment:

• mattp
    replied
    Originally posted by Pallas View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out the name reference. Are you going to gild the cabinets and stuff them with excrement or something, i.e. turn them into some performance art piece?
    I'm not sure why you think this is OK to post but consider yourself warned.

Leave a comment:

• PassingInterest
    replied
    Thanks for all the extra effort, Don!

Leave a comment:

• donradick
    replied
    As promised, here is the new (final) crossover. Measures good whether the standard (90 degree in black) tower or
    the tilt-back (80 degree in blue) tower.

Crossover notes - took a while to finish this. I kept getting strange, wild responses around the knee of the mtm woofer crossover around 1-2Khz.
    Finally, I realized that I had been spoiled by drivers with copper that held down rising inductance, and needed to put in a zobel.
    Once I did that, it came together quickly.

Reverse null could be deeper, but distortion is pretty low.

Leave a comment:

• donradick
    replied
    Originally posted by PassingInterest View Post

Stuff my cabinets with excrement? Why would you say that to me or anyone? What is wrong with you? Perhaps it is time I closed my account at PE.

I know the guy. Pretty nice in person, but has a talent for "loose lips" on the PE forum.
    I'm not offended. Hope you aren't either.

Remember the Internet dictum:
    "Humor often doesn't translate to the typed posting".

I've crossed the line a few times myself.

Leave a comment:

• Kevin K.
    replied

Stuff my cabinets with excrement? Why would you say that to me or anyone? What is wrong with you? Perhaps it is time I closed my account at PE.
    Dan, surely you know with every group of guys there always has to be one (or in some cases, a few) in the group that push the boundaries too far. Closing your account isn't going to change that and it's certainly not going to bother them. Let the system run it's course, these things usually work themselves out.

I know I speak for more than just myself. Keep up the great work and please continue to share it with those of us who come here for what it is, a speaker building community, a place to learn, a place to share.

As for the few bad apples looking for their next troll victim, ignore em.

Leave a comment:

• PassingInterest
    replied
    Originally posted by Pallas View Post
    Are you going to gild the cabinets and stuff them with excrement or something

Leave a comment:

• PassingInterest
    replied
    Thanks for the laughs, guys!

Leave a comment:

• Kevin K.
    replied

Okay. Thanks, Don! I have set the crossovers aside for now. I can't tell you how much I appreciate all your work for this project!

About the project name - I should have called them the Towers of Radick! I wish I had thought of that sooner. I like the sound of it. Although, Pallas Palace sounds good too! Haha!
    Or, "The Radickal Towers".

Leave a comment:

• Squidspeak
    replied

Okay. Thanks, Don! I have set the crossovers aside for now. I can't tell you how much I appreciate all your work for this project!

About the project name - I should have called them the Towers of Radick! I wish I had thought of that sooner. I like the sound of it. Although, Pallas Palace sounds good too! Haha!
    ​Repeal and replace the name. As always your cabinet work is top notch.

Leave a comment:

• fdieck
    replied
    My vote is for Franklin's Towers

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IqQ-0n2I-4o

Leave a comment:

• PassingInterest
    replied
    Originally posted by donradick View Post
    Hey PassingInterest - you might want to hold up on that crossover work.
    I think I posted several weeks ago that the 10 degree lean back would require
    a crossover tweak at minimum, and maybe more. Working on that aspect now.

About the project name - I should have called them the Towers of Radick! I wish I had thought of that sooner. I like the sound of it.
    Last edited by PassingInterest; 07-03-2017, 05:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X