3D Printed Battery Powered Mono Bluetooth Speaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3D Printed Battery Powered Mono Bluetooth Speaker

Made this for my uncle who is a Denver Broncos fan. Will mostly just be used for camping and other outdoors activity so not much attention given to sound quality. Board needed several modifications to get it into PBTL mode. The input gain is also pathetic on these amps so they don't get very loud. I added in a cheap chinese ebay pre-amp that can operate on the voltage output from the KAB board when powered on. Speaker is a Polk Audio DB401 that I had laying around.

That is very cool! I need a 3d printer so bad. Good job!

Comment

Cool! I recently did a single speaker setup with Sure's same version amp as well. I gutted out an 80's boombox, put a Rockford Fosgate 4" speaker in place of the original speaker and mounted the amp where the tape mechanism used to be. I agree the gain needs to be fixed in these amps. I'm sure your uncle will love it!

Comment

Definitely a cool project. Great color combination.
        “I cried because I had no shoes until I met a man who had no feet”

If we all did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally ASTOUND ourselves - Thomas A. Edison

Some people collect stamps, Imelda Marcos collected shoes. I collect speakers.:D

Comment

Originally posted by thekorvers View Post
          Definitely a cool project. Great color combination.

Thank you, what are those speakers in your profile picture? Those look printable, I'm interested .

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff F. View Post
            Cool! I recently did a single speaker setup with Sure's same version amp as well. I gutted out an 80's boombox, put a Rockford Fosgate 4" speaker in place of the original speaker and mounted the amp where the tape mechanism used to be. I agree the gain needs to be fixed in these amps. I'm sure your uncle will love it!

The gain really is awful. I'm a bit disappointed that these are marketed as a 2x15W amp when in my tests I was lucky to get 5W per channel. Adding in a preamp is not the easiest thing in the world either since the board and wiring harnesses to be modified.

Comment

Originally posted by tscan View Post

Thank you, what are those speakers in your profile picture? Those look printable, I'm interested .
              Here you go https://youtu.be/TgpPOALpJNM

Comment

Originally posted by tscan View Post

I found those on the internet and thought it was an interesting design and would make a nice avatar. I never built those speakers as I am not very much into artsy/crafty things.

If we all did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally ASTOUND ourselves - Thomas A. Edison

Some people collect stamps, Imelda Marcos collected shoes. I collect speakers.:D

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff F. View Post
                  I actually had never seen that video before. I had the avatar well before the video was made.

Comment

Working...
                  X