Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• davidroberts
    replied
    The UM18's give a new meaning to the 'elephant in the room'....Is there any information on the other speakers you are using?

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied
    While I know this is an older thread, in response to Tom-
    Yes- it's a woofer clock. Matt had a bad HiVi D8.8+ a while back. It has 12 mounting holes, and he asked what to do with it instead of throw it out. I suggested a clock, and he documented how he assembled it to look the woofer was still a functional piece without having the magnet still inside the frame. What he did was quite slick!

Later,
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• Sydney
    replied
    Originally posted by Squidspeak View Post

Matt is there a general rule of thumb as far as placement and the amount needed?
    There are guidelines using Sabine's formulas, considering angle of incidence.

Leave a comment:

• tomzarbo
    replied
    Is that a woofer/clock on the right side behind the speaker?
    I AM stealing that! (The idea, I mean)

TomZ

Leave a comment:

• Squidspeak
    replied
    Originally posted by PWR RYD View Post
    Are those curtains leather
    ​I thought I saw some handcuffs and maybe some cattails. Is this a fifty shades of subwoofer room?

Leave a comment:

• PWR RYD
    replied
    Are those curtains leather

Leave a comment:

• Squidspeak
    replied
    Originally posted by mattp View Post
    Due to my recent upgrades I decided to hang some foam panels up on the wall to help with reflections I was getting in my somewhat square room. I used our new Sonic Barrier foam and command strips to hang them. There is a noticeable difference. There was no rhyme or reason to where I put them, I just wanted something around tweeter/head level.

Ignore my existing furniture, that stuff will be replaced in a couple weeks. UM18 boxes make for good end tables though...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n1371177[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n1371178[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n1371179[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n1371180[/ATTACH]
    Matt is there a general rule of thumb as far as placement and the amount needed?

Leave a comment:

• mattp
    replied
    Originally posted by Kevin K. View Post
    Love the make shift coffee table and chair, been there, done that. Man I can only imagine the bass response in that room, it's gotta be crazy good.

​Is there an adhesive on the panels for hanging them or did you use a different method?
    Kevin,

I used basic command strips to hang these, just two strips on each panel in the top corners. They work really well. And yes...the bass response is a bit ridiculous. I'm still tweaking here and there but it's getting dialed in. The room is 11x12ish. I would genuinely be worried if I tried maxing these subs in this room. I have found the resonant frequency of my floor is about 7 Hz

Originally posted by ernperkins View Post
    I like the chair and cardboard box table as it's similar to what I have. Nothing but the best for decor.
    Damn skippy. My new stuff will be here in two weeks, I can't wait. That bag chair isn't the most comfortable thing (hence the pillow).

Leave a comment:

• ernperkins
    replied
    I like the chair and cardboard box table as it's similar to what I have. Nothing but the best for decor.

Leave a comment:

• Kevin K.
    replied
    Love the make shift coffee table and chair, been there, done that. Man I can only imagine the bass response in that room, it's gotta be crazy good.

​Is there an adhesive on the panels for hanging them or did you use a different method?

Leave a comment:

• mattp
    started a topic Sonic Barrier Acoustic Panels

Sonic Barrier Acoustic Panels

Due to my recent upgrades I decided to hang some foam panels up on the wall to help with reflections I was getting in my somewhat square room. I used our new Sonic Barrier foam and command strips to hang them. There is a noticeable difference. There was no rhyme or reason to where I put them, I just wanted something around tweeter/head level.

Ignore my existing furniture, that stuff will be replaced in a couple weeks. UM18 boxes make for good end tables though...

Click image for larger version

Name:	fetch?photoid=1371175.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	1371177

Name:	fetch?photoid=1371173.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	1371178

Name:	fetch?photoid=1371174.jpg