SubWave6: A compact subwoofer utilizing the Wavecor SW168WA01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DanP View Post

All else being equal, I would agree. In this case, though, all else isn't equal. If you need a box this small to have this much output and extension, and distortion levels matter to you, this driver is worth the money. And F3 is 33Hz.
    DanP, have you used the TB W6-1139SIF and if so how do the two compare? I am using the W6 and it is impressive for what it is.

Thank you and very cool little sub.

Comment

The W6 is awesome, and I admit, I have not seen distortion measurements for this driver, but I don't think it can match the distortion performance of the SW168 over the most likely usable passband. The W6 is a monster and I've used it a bunch of times, but the SW168 is my new go-to 6.5" sub when distortion performance is more critical than cost.
      Last edited by DanP; 02-09-2020, 10:54 AM.
      The Hurricanes
      The Baronettes
      Conneccentric
      UX3

Comment

Originally posted by DanP View Post
        The W6 is awesome, and I admit, I have not seen distortion measurements for this driver, but I don't think it can match the distortion performance of the SW168 over the most likely usable passband. The W6 is a monster and I've used it a bunch of times, but the SW168 is my new go-to 6.5" sub when distortion performance is more ceitical than cost.
        Thank you very much Dan. I will keep it in mind for future builds. Funny, when I was typing my question I originally said I am using the W6 for a non critical application. Meaning I built a soundbar with one. It is great for that but with the little PE 2.1 amp I was never too worried about the distortion.

But for music I would look more critically. Thank you again.

Comment

Working...
        X