3rutu5 Boombox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johnnyrichards View Post
    Cool build! I keep meaning to do a soundbar - now I want to do it with curves.
    It sure is addictive doing something different i started building a big HiFi unit with kerfed corners. Mifght try work a center channel into it, wondering how these drivers would sound in the MTM arrangement for the cen

Comment

Oh wow! I think... If it's okay, I might copy your design? I love the contour look. May I ask how you are powering it? Is it chargeable?

Comment

Originally posted by Fractals View Post
        Oh wow! I think... If it's okay, I might copy your design? I love the contour look. May I ask how you are powering it? Is it chargeable?
        go nuts, i dont mind at all. i used a dayton audio 230 v3 amp board and a 19v DC power pack, which has the ability to plug in a power board (and it charges when hardwired), i just haven't bought the battery pack/power board yet.

i made the box design up on the fly basing it on available wood widths so i could just buy dressed pine, so dont really have any documented design, main thing was to meet the enclosure volume, port size and the BSC filter. The body was one 185*1200*19mm piece of pine kerfed around twice, the face was two other 185 pieces i had left over from the TL speaker build i recycled and the 30mm ply divider was also a piece of scrap i had from the radiogram i've been building. Hatless Chimp has done a kerfed box as well using MDF but that was with 4 kerfed corners.

Have fun and goodluck.

Comment

Originally posted by seraniz

how much right now
          well thats a bit cheeky putting a link in my original message, dont think i need to go to redtube mate.....or the other two.

Comment

Working...
          X