Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tomzarbo
    replied
    Beautiful work sir! I really like it so far.

Looks almost like the inside of the little kerfed pieces were touching, did they compress any that you saw? I've only done that once, but it looks fun.

What? You did that with a trim router?

I've wondered if shmearing some goop in the slots before bending and gluing would work, or just make a royal mess/possibly break the little strips.
    I think Javad may have done that, but I'm not sure.

I like the shape too. I tend to use thin pieces of HDF for bending stuff, but you really made a nice curve with that technique. There's no way 1/8" HDF is going to bend that much without breaking.
    At any rate, looks real good.
    Keep posting pics, it helps us all! Gets the juices flowing.

TomZ

Leave a comment:

• 3rutu5
    replied
    Needs some filler/bog, but getting there. Just need to mount the speaker port and drivers from the back. Been fun pushing a trimmer router to the limits.

if you have some patience and want to give something a go, youtube kerfing

Not sure i like mixing PVA glue and sawdust, looks like i've really hacked the crap out of the faceplate, but it is really just the glue.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• 3rutu5
    replied
    not quite sure how i want to finish it,
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 3rutu5; 11-10-2018, 02:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

• 3rutu5
    started a topic 3rutu5 Boombox

3rutu5 Boombox

Guys,
    I have been lurking (and annoying) for a few weeks now since posting my TLine, i have started building a funky little boom box which will be in stages. This build will be using the Tectonic TEBM65C20F, which for those who dont know, they are a little 3.5inch full range driver. Each enclosure is 0.15cu.ft with a 1inch port tuned to 61Hz. I'm still spinning the wheels on the amplifier board, but might take the plunge on the KAB 2x15 watt or 2x30 as it has BT capability but at the same time love the DTA2 Tripath i have in another project.

The drivers are on order at current, but....as i'm impatient and i already have them in the T-Line i have measured everything.

you may notice a theme here that this is generally based around woodworking (sorry), i'm still trying to learn the rest.

very messy at in these shots...
    Attached Files
Working...
X