2.1 with W6-1139sif and nd91-8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.1 with W6-1139sif and nd91-8

A while ago I made a 2.1 set with the w5-1138smf and 4 nd65-8.

​​​​​http://techtalk.parts-express.com/fo...iginta-sub-2-1

It sound good to me but a little bit thin and with music with low bass a bit to overwhelming ( maybe because of roomgain.

Now I read about roomgain they said 565/L where L is the longest dimension of the room in feet, so in my case 565/18,8 feet = 30,05 hz. I also read that roomgain is +6db octave. I have a mobile app where you can add roomgain so I simulated this box for the w6-1139sif. 16.5 L tuned to 23 hz.

Comment

The amp I use is the same as the first project and is the lepai Lp210pa or actually a cheaper one( 20$) with this project. Both seem to his at the left channel so loud that you can hear it tru the music. I have tried a few things, use another rca cable, use another power source and at last used an other phone wich seem to be the right thing because I don't hear anything anymore even with the music off.
      Attached Files

Comment

Front baffle (22 mm Mdf) attached to rear baffle (15 mdf like everything else) and first piece of port attached.
        Attached Files

Comment

Add another(third) layer for the slot port, 1 last piece to attach later. Cut a hole in the back for the amp, wich I make sealed because in an other design there was to much noise coming "tru?" the amp. I also cut a hole in the front for the subwoofer and make a flared round over(don't know how to say in English). Because the sub is attached inside the enclosure I gonna paint the front baffle before I put the speaker in the enclosure.
          Attached Files

Comment

More pics
            Attached Files

Comment

That is quite a port! Where is the port opening going to be?
              What are the port dimensions?
              Andy.

Comment

The port is going to be on the front but I still have to make a opening.

The port is 20.3 cm x 1.8 cm without the slats and must have been 120 cm but is 126 cm. Doesn't make any real difference.
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X