Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Duane Brown’s Dayton 4 (aka the Persistence Monitor)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been using these with an NAD 3020 30w class D amp in my garage to motivate me in my home gym. I am very impressed with the full sound that these guys can reproduce. I did successfully pair them with a matching sub (TB W5) and this is a great solution for my workout jam sessions. I used a small PE 2.1 amp to power the sub.

I have not yet put the matching finish on the sub since I needed to pick u[s some materials. I should have it done in a couple fo weeks so I will take a picture of it. The sub box is about 0.33ft^3 which yields and F3 below 35hz and and F6 a tad less than 30hz. All of this with a pretty flat response. It is impressive for what it is.

The 2.1 amp has a 150hz filter which is nice when really cranking up the music so as not to worry about blowing out a woofer.

Fun stuff for sure.

Comment

I have been using the new sub I built to match the little Dayton 4. This is a W5 variant and the driver is a great aesthetic match for the TCP-115 in the dayton 4 and I built the cabinet to match including the corian baffle.

I am so pleased with this setup. I am not sure it will always reside in the garage.

There is a TV above (out of view) and the rubber flooring is the gym area I use in the garage. I really love having the gym but it means my tools must be carried out side when I am working on something. Trade offs...

Attached Files

Comment

• djg
        djg commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice job. well done, like your sound bar.

Very nice set up with a "professional look". Enjoy!

Comment

• stephenmarklay
        stephenmarklay commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you so much howard!

I am glad you are happy with them. I haven't been by this forum in years. I was totally supprised when I saw my design! It looks great.

Comment

Great job on a really neat and well thought out 2.1 setup. The stands compliment the speakers really well. I know what you mean about the persistence in learning as you go and trying to accomplish things without the correct tools! I am on my second build and the things I learned on the first set + new tools has made this build much smoother.

Comment

• djg
          djg commented
          Editing a comment
          My available tools define my builds. I do somewhat enjoy figuring out doing tasks with the tools I have.
      Working...
      X