Aliquis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aliquis

I built these, because I wanted to do a simple build and use up some parts sitting on the shelf. I figured I would try the visaton wg instead of making my own as I normally do, so the design could be easily duplicated if anyone is interested. The outside dimensions are 9.5" w x 8.75"d x 17"h. These are design to be used with the grill on, and were built with scraps in my shop...notice a theme here? I almost forgot to mention the drivers, Dayton RST28F, HIVI DB6,8 and Dayton dsa215 passive radiator.

Tweeter to wg mounting.

Comment

In bare wood with and without the grill.

Comment

More cabinet shots.

Comment

• KEtheredge87
          KEtheredge87 commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice work Nick! I hadn't considered doing a surface mount with the intention of using the grille to make it flush mount acoustics later. Simple and classic design. Thumbs up!

Finished cabinet and grill.

Comment

• djg
          djg commented
          Editing a comment
          Really nice finish.

Here's where I am with the crossover, still tweaking a bit, but close.

Comment

Beautiful.

I love how you integrate the grills into your designs these days, instead of just letting them ruin things later. Really clever mounting the drivers proud to let the grill hit them flush when mounted. The crossover is looking great judging by the squigglies so far.
          Electronics engineer, woofer enthusiast, and musician.
          Wogg Music
          Published projects: PPA100 Bass Guitar Amp, ISO El-Cheapo Sub, Indy 8 2.1 powered sub, MicroSat, SuperNova Minimus

Comment

Thanks guy's, I tend to prefer my speakers with grills, they just look more....well finished, but it's case by case thing with me.

Comment

These look Great!
              I prefer grills to protect the drivers from sun, dust, and little fingers.
              I usually remove them for listening them back on again immediately.
              A poked in tweeter that isn't available to replace or even a diaphragm that could have been avoided is heart breaking.
              Plus my wife hates speakers and wants them to look less speakery lol.

But when we watch an action or scary one shes says aren't you gonna turn the speakers on 🤣

Comment

Thanks, this was a simple build using mostly parts off my shelf.

Comment

Henry Kloss would be proud.
                  He so wanted the grills used that he would not paint the whole baffle, just black where a strong light source might penetrate.

Because his grills were flush with a forward outer rim, it's amusing to see a 'purist' listening to them w/o a grill.

Good job!

Comment

You even finished the bottoms!
                    Craig

I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol.

Comment

Originally posted by PWR RYD View Post
                      You even finished the bottoms!
                      What can I say Craig, I like a pretty bottom

Comment

These looks great! My first thought was, why didn't you flush-mount the drivers? Then I saw it - with the grills installed, they are flush! So clever, never seen that before. Nice job.

Comment

Thanks guys!

Comment

Working...
                          X