Very well done!

Leave a comment:

• Jake
    replied
    It would be a great gift for me 😉, lol

Leave a comment:

• joeybutts
    replied
    The helium is my go to for small BT projects and I'm a sucker for padauk. Nice.

Leave a comment:

• 3rutu5
    replied
    Looks cool, nice work.

Leave a comment:

• ceiol
    started a topic Padauk Boombox (miniature size)

Padauk Boombox (miniature size)

scottsehlin 's helium design has been quite popular amongst the DIY audio crowd for a good reason. The ND91-4 woofer produces good bass with ported designs and the ND16FA-6 tweeter hits above its price point. I put together a set of heliums in this boombox and then upped the ports to 1" inside diameter and choose an Fb alignment that gave good bass and a bit of boom (after all, it's a boombox).

bought a bluetooth and the dayton 18650x3 battery board and put it all together with the crossovers. I really enjoyed finishing the beautiful Padauk wood and this time I waited a few weeks for the Arm-R-Seal to fully cure and harden! (learned my lesson on a previous project). The tough part of this build was working through the small 3" diameter woofer holes. The box is otherwise completely sealed up and I have big hands! I had to recruit a female with smaller hands to help with some of the steps of connecting components inside the enclosure.

Love the way this project looks and sounds. It will be a great gift for someone!

Click image for larger version  Name:	padauk boombox 1.png Views:	0 Size:	937.8 KB ID:	1451048

Click image for larger version  Name:	padauk boombox 2.png Views:	0 Size:	950.4 KB ID:	1451049

Click image for larger version  Name:	padauk boombox 3.png Views:	0 Size:	899.8 KB ID:	1451053
    Last edited by ceiol; 09-13-2020, 01:34 AM.
Working...
X