Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• djg
    replied
    I could do this with the tools I have. Dummy knobs (not my usual style), a digital clock where the radio dial is, and controls recessed into the top.

Click image for larger version

Name:	vintage radio.jpg
Views:	702
Size:	600.8 KB
ID:	1472428

Leave a comment:

• joeybutts
    replied
    Excited for outcome.

Leave a comment:

• djg
    replied
    I drew a plan for a conventional low, wide box. But, after looking at Joey Butts' vintage box I may go that way. General arrangement, no turntable. We'll see.

Leave a comment:

• djg
    commented on 's reply
    Actually, vintage grill cloth is available in small pieces. I may change my concept.

• djg
    commented on 's reply
    That's nice.

• joeybutts
    replied

Leave a comment:

• joeybutts
    replied
    I did a ps95 and peerless 830946 retrofit in an old radio/record player and he used vintage grill cloth in it..... Really set it off....

Leave a comment:

• djg
    replied
    The panel, amp and battery boards assembled. The component leads are long enough to mount the various LEDs, sockets and switches anywhere. The long leads are curled up in this instance.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0009 (3).JPG
Views:	862
Size:	503.5 KB
ID:	1471695

Leave a comment:

• djg
    replied
    Something like this. Either an analog clock insert, or a small flat digital LED display, more practical but less vintage. I like the bar grills, I can do those and hide the speakers. Grill cloth would be nice, but finding a tiny scrap of vintage grill cloth is problematic.Control panel recessed into the top.

Click image for larger version  Name:	table radio.jpg Views:	0 Size:	563.1 KB ID:	1471613

Leave a comment:

• Chris Roemer
    replied
    Lowdown, that's a VERY nice stereo pair (of images)!

Leave a comment:

• djg
    commented on 's reply
    There are discrete bluetooth receivers available. Look.

• Down Low
    replied
    I want to build a Bluetooth speaker,actually a few,I do have some good speakers,JBL,pioneer. Afew others,I have two elite 400 loudspeakers that would not work with the regular jacks not the three pin type cables.i hard wired some speaker wire and now they work.is it possible to make these Bluetooth? The JBL I got from a lil boombox, pioneers lil boombox also placed them inside of a Randall speaker box.the speakers from the Randall box were cracked and I was curious about building my first speaker..it sounds pretty good!can I make these Bluetooth?

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied
    I guess I'm guilty too, but who's to blame is likely myself. OSFA was my attempt...
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• djg
    commented on 's reply
    I kept looking at your projects, and felt a great need to make a little box of my own.

• tomzarbo
    replied
    You guys been talking to my wife?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X