commented on 's reply
    Thank you.

• Jeff F.
    replied
    Very well done, it looks great!

Leave a comment:

• djg
    commented on 's reply
    700 WLW Cincinnati. We could pickup WLW in Columbus where I grew up, day or night. My parents were from Cincinnati.
    Last edited by djg; 08-21-2021, 06:10 AM.

• silverD
    replied
    I like the grill cloth too. What station do you have it tuned to?

Leave a comment:

• djg
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks. Your comment earlier prodded me to look for vintage grill cloth.

• joeybutts
    replied
    Sick work. Love it. Beautifully put together

Leave a comment:

• djg
    replied
    The retro grill cloth looks very...retro.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0001 (13).JPG
Views:	253
Size:	454.0 KB
ID:	1475013

Leave a comment:

• djg
    replied
    So, it seems sound is improving with the little drivers breaking in. I forgot the Bluetooth antenna. The connector is ridiculously small and insecure, needing silicon blobs to hold the antenna on.

Unlike some chip amps that start distorting past 12 o'clock, this little board doesn't, pretty clear all the way up. It doesn't get that loud.

If you want a fun project, this is it. Don't expect high fidelity. The control panel/amp board/battery board stack up is really elegant, save for that antenna. You can use the control panel or locate the various components anywhere, they all have generous leads.

I'll post some pics after I get the fascia done. I think I accomplished a cartoonish vintage look. We'll see.
    Last edited by djg; 08-19-2021, 05:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• djg
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah, since I ignored vented/sealed volumes, I reckoned a leaky box was OK.

• silverD
    replied
    Looks great as usual djg! I like the use of the pegboard with foam for venting.

Leave a comment:

• djg
    replied
    It's mostly done. I have to starch and iron the grill cloth to remove folds and install it. I'm leaving the back panels off until tomorrow to let the spray adhesive and silicon fumes dissipate.

Works fine, sound quality about like a good quality table radio. Bluetooth to my Lenovo tablet playing Pandora. Sound improves with the back panels on.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0005 (8).JPG Views:	0 Size:	471.9 KB ID:	1474960 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0004 (8).JPG Views:	0 Size:	434.3 KB ID:	1474961

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0006 (6).JPG Views:	0 Size:	450.1 KB ID:	1474962
    Last edited by djg; 08-18-2021, 10:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• djg
    commented on 's reply
    Very nice of you to say that.

• Steve Lee
    replied
    It's like that beautiful craftsmanship of the late 1800's again, man!

Leave a comment:

• djg
    replied
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0002 (9).JPG Views:	0 Size:	542.8 KB ID:	1474902

Uncupping the top oak piece, Should go together tomorrow. Controls going on the back, and a handle on the top.

Leave a comment:

• djg
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0003 (8).JPG
Views:	314
Size:	446.1 KB
ID:	1474868

Leave a comment:

Working...
X