Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for empty speaker cabinet/boxes

Hello,
    I’m looking for empty speaker cabinets to install some speakers I removed from my car (two 6’x9” and two 3½”). I found what I was looking for online (eBuy7.com) for $70 which I was quite excited about until they add a $403 shipping fee. Does anyone know a vendor/site that may offer such in USA (and in that $100 range – I’m a cheapskate)?

Just asking. . .
    SKK

https://www.walmart.com/c/kp/speaker-boxes

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Lee View Post
      Thanks Steve for your suggestion. I was thinking of something a little more finished or something I could finish (stain, varnish, etc.).

Comment

The stock Auto 6 X 9's threw me in that direction . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Lee View Post
          The stock Auto 6 X 9's threw me in that direction . . .
          I understand. Again, my thanks. . .

Comment

The vast majority of car audio speakers are designed for open baffle since the door/deck location tends to be heavily vented. You might try just mounting them to a piece of plywood with open back, or they will likely need a large sealed box. A small box will probably be very boomy. Though how large/small is anyone's guess without any parameters/measurements of the driver.

Comment

Originally posted by DrewsBrews View Post
              The vast majority of car audio speakers are designed for open baffle since the door/deck location tends to be heavily vented. You might try just mounting them to a piece of plywood with open back, or they will likely need a large sealed box. A small box will probably be very boomy. Though how large/small is anyone's guess without any parameters/measurements of the driver.
              Again, I understand. I was just trying to get some use out of these. I guess my nephew will have a few extra speakers to add to his traveling boom box.

Comment

Working...
              X