Clear All

• Wolf
    replied
    Nicely done!
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• johnny5jz
    replied
    Here are the zingers I built. I used formica for the sides hoping for a durable speaker that I can use in my garage and lug around. Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied
    Thank you! I quite like them myself. Enjoy!
    Do you have pictures?
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• johnny5jz
    replied
    Sorry I read to fast and just saw your 8" comment. I have built your Zingers, so I have that tweeter in my speaker arsenal. Awesome speaker by the way!! I just wanted to try something different. Hope it sounds good. Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied
    17cm vs 18cm = 6.5" vs 7"

They are pretty close to the same thing.
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• johnny5jz
    replied
    No, it is the 6.5" silverflute. Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied
    8" SF? If so, DX25BG60 is better bet.

EDIT: 7" woofer. You might be able to get the SF high enough for the XT, but the DX will definitely do it.
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• johnny5jz
    replied
    Well, this one was doomed early. I just pulled the drivers to cut down the ports a bit, and one of the electrical connections on one of the tweeters snapped. Must be a sign to use a better tweeter. I have heard good things about the Peerless XT25BG60-04. I think I am going to order a pair and start this over. Anyone have any opinions about pairing this with the Silverflute? Seems like it would work well. Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• johnny5jz
    replied
    How about this?

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• johnny5jz
    replied
    Thanks Chris! I have noticed that on other's designs. Makes sense now. I will add it in and model it up. I added the cap to remove the cone breakup at 5khz. Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Chris Roemer
    replied
    Many (most?) designers here would run about an 8ohm resistor in series w/the tiny 0.6uF notch (tank) cap (across the woofers coil) UNLESS you had resistance in series w/your shunt cap (5.6uF) - like on a Zobel. Reason being that as it stands, you've got a path for high(enough) frequencies to shunt directly to ground - and amps don't care for that.

Leave a comment:

• johnny5jz
    started a topic Silver Flute Bookshelf Build

Silver Flute Bookshelf Build

I finally did it, I got set up finally to start designing my own crossovers. After building many kits and subwoofers over the years, I dove in and picked up the Omnimic and DATS kit. I had a pair of Peerless 811546 tweeters laying around, and pick up a pair of Silverflute W17RC38-08 woofers. They did measure a bit different with DATS than what their specs were. I ended up with a .6 cubic foot enclosure tuned to 38hz with a supposed f3 of 42hz. My DATS shows an actual port tune of 35hz, so I may need to shorted the port a bit. below is the crossover that I came up with. Just curious if anyone sees anything off with it. I am hoping to order parts to start testing, but was curious if anyone sees any glaring flaws or has any advice to give.

Attached Files
Working...
X