New Speakers - New Source

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Speakers - New Source

A few months ago fabricated a pair of Rediscovery II's, didn't know what I was going to do with them, but I knew I needed to update the 2-channel system.
    Talked the wife into a road trip to go look at streamers, which I didn't know much about. The HiFi shop had plenty on display - in various rooms. Great! We selected one. The sales team said you'll want to run a dedicated Ethernet line to the steamer; ok, ok, no problem. They also mentioned you'll want a good [internet] router, etc..
    It all went well, better than I thought, a few steps to set it up and thanks to youtube videos and our neighborhood has remarkable internet service.
    The sound stage is amazing, could cut it with a knife; close my eyes for a while and just drift off somewhere idk.
    This could be considered a kit build, plans are on-line.

They measure beautifully and with a revelator mid-woofer have great bass!

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_92482.jpg Views:	54 Size:	380.9 KB ID:	1479403
    Attached Files
    Last edited by HIFY GUY; 11-30-2021, 04:45 PM.

Nice looking project.

Comment

Beautiful work!
      I've always wanted to hear those Revelator drivers... maybe someday.
      Jazz
      Jazzman's DIY Electrostatic Loudspeaker Page

Comment

Have you a link to the on-line plans?

I have the 8 Ohm Revelator and am interested in this lovely looking speaker you have constructed.

Comment

Thank you all for the feedback!

Jazzman, I said the same thing about owning a pair, and never would have have until I worked with a customer that was using them in his designs.

I didn't purchase the kit, I had xo components, only needed the drivers.
          [link removed]

Attaching another pic, I'm liking this ploy than others that I have used in the past.
          A simple miter box, rabbit the back edge for 3/4" back and then simply blue-tape/glue the 4 sides all at once.
          This will only work if the panels are absolutely square and the long 45 degree bevels are cut accurately!
          After a few hours after gluing, remove the tape and use scrap 45 degree strips on the inside for corner reinforcement.
          The baffle is pieced together, on a 1/4" panel that fits inside the box - which is a full 1" once completed.
          [like a deep rabbit cut - without the cutting]
          The small strip between the side is banding tape and the wood end-grain is super smooth.
          Used the plastic flare ports; the connection tube cannot be seen (and still a 1/4" too long per plans).
          Since the xo's are somewhat large, the back is attached with screws.
          The wood strips sides are Teak.

Click image for larger version  Name:	top.png Views:	7 Size:	816.0 KB ID:	1479431

Last edited by HIFY GUY; 11-30-2021, 08:31 PM.

Comment

• djg
            djg commented
            Editing a comment
            PE really doesn't like competing retailer links.

• andykriech
            andykriech commented
            Editing a comment
            Are the sides, etc. solid wood (maple?)? Very nice looking build.
            Andy.
        Working...
        X