Keramiskas and Seas Loki Home Theater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keramiskas and Seas Loki Home Theater

Hi All - just wanted to share my (almost complete) 7.2.4 HT build, using for the mains (by Craig Salin - I see that he's active on this forum), and a for the center channel. I'm still working on putting up various room treatments, so not yet ready to show everything off Using an Epson 5040UB projector on a 125" painted wall screen (flattened wall, projection paint).

Building the speakers was a very fun and satisfying experience, these were the first I've ever built. I used Baltic birch for the construction, and for the Keramiskas, put constrained layer damping with caulk/ceramic tiles (as per the design), making a very dead cabinet. These have an F3 of below 35 Hz which blew me away for a bookshelf, and they sound excellent. For the Loki, I went with a coaxial design so I can get good off-axis performance, and lends itself to a design that isn't too tall. I have two subwoofers (HSU ULS-15) placed at the wall mid point (front/back wall) for optimizing bass uniformity across two rows of seating, as recommended by a Harman study, so this needed a center channel that wouldn't be too tall, without making the screen too high (not enough space for an AT screen in my room).
    Attached Files
    Last edited by TroyH; 12-21-2021, 12:58 PM. Reason: Links to competitors prohibited

Lovely, nice work. Two AVRs?

Comment

Originally posted by djg View Post
      Lovely, nice work. Two AVRs?
      Thanks! Yes two, using a Denon X3600H which has 11ch processing but 9ch amplification. My old receiver is being used for the last 2 height channels.

Comment

I'm happy you like the Keramiskas! It is one of my favorite designs. Those little SB15CAC woofers are really nice.

Craig
        Craig

I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol.

Comment

The OP did a short build thread of his Keramiskas at ASR.

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/f...speaker.18201/

Comment

Working...
          X