Amiga Build

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joshshetter
    replied
    Hmm, probably a bit too high of an f3 for my usage. I'm going to keep the cabinets as is. Just curious what the roll off is on the sealed 8-11 liter cabinet.

Also after hearing the port tuning of the Classix, I just kind of want that extension again. I was listening to a lot of the stuff on the classix ii and went to turn off the sub to see what they do without it. The sub was already off. How about that.

Got cabinets together aside from the baffle. Undecided on what to do there. I kind of dig the old school look of a painted baffle and veneer'd cabinet. I've also never veneer'd anything and unsure about doing the round overs on the baffle.

Leave a comment:

• Neptune 1
    replied
    Originally posted by joshshetter
    I've reached a stopping point on my Classix II and have started on some Amiga's. Lovely woofer, tweeter feels quite nice for the cost, very rigid plate for being plastic.

Crossovers are put together, annoyed by one of the inductors but as the leg didn't want to play how I wanted so it sticks out a bit. Boy I don't know what I'd do without these pcb's you can order on ebay.

I was about to glue the cabinet but had a thought. Can these be turned into a ported bookshelf with a higher tuning instead of the sealed 8-11 litre option mentioned on Paul's site? If so, I could just cut the MDF cabinets down and end up with four bookshelf cabinets. Looks like Oceanway has their new Pro3 monitors that utilize the rs180, but who knows what the active xover looks like. I figure a smaller cabinet is going to be easier to get the finish I want on it. I suppose I could go with a sealed version and use a sub, but the 8-11 litre box seems really small to me?

Click image for larger version Name:	270357853_1375836472852824_8190061488852316386_n.jpg Views:	0 Size:	598.5 KB ID:	1481225 Click image for larger version Name:	271752106_457610785803401_4992970250772961631_n.jpg Views:	0 Size:	354.4 KB ID:	1481226
    I would be really interested to see how a smaller version works for you . I am going to be building the Amigas soon also . please keep us posted . I also love those PCB boards too , They work great aand look great too !

Leave a comment:

• djg
    replied
    Careful, with that axe, Eugene.

Leave a comment:

• Paul Carmody
    replied
    You could. I mean, you're not exactly going to plumb the depths, but you might get another 5-10 Hz of bass extension, which might be nice.

Say if you had an 11 Liter cabinet, you could use a 1.5" vent, about 5" long. This should tune the cabinet to 41 Hz, and will get an F3 of 59 Hz. Again, not going to rumble the seats, but might help a bit to fill out the bottom end.

Leave a comment:

• joshshetter
    replied
    It's just the cnc'd MDF in the amiga kit. It wouldn't be a even cut in half but cut to whatever size reaches the appropriate volume.

Leave a comment:

• Chris Roemer
    replied
    What's the size (now) of the cabs you'd be cutting in half?

Leave a comment:

• joshshetter
    started a topic Amiga Build

Amiga Build

I've reached a stopping point on my Classix II and have started on some Amiga's. Lovely woofer, tweeter feels quite nice for the cost, very rigid plate for being plastic.

Crossovers are put together, annoyed by one of the inductors but as the leg didn't want to play how I wanted so it sticks out a bit. Boy I don't know what I'd do without these pcb's you can order on ebay.

I was about to glue the cabinet but had a thought. Can these be turned into a ported bookshelf with a higher tuning instead of the sealed 8-11 litre option mentioned on Paul's site? If so, I could just cut the MDF cabinets down and end up with four bookshelf cabinets. Looks like Oceanway has their new Pro3 monitors that utilize the rs180, but who knows what the active xover looks like. I figure a smaller cabinet is going to be easier to get the finish I want on it. I suppose I could go with a sealed version and use a sub, but the 8-11 litre box seems really small to me?

Click image for larger version  Name:	270357853_1375836472852824_8190061488852316386_n.jpg Views:	0 Size:	598.5 KB ID:	1481225 Click image for larger version  Name:	271752106_457610785803401_4992970250772961631_n.jpg Views:	0 Size:	354.4 KB ID:	1481226
Working...