• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Roemer
    replied
    Re: Little sub finished.

Originally posted by DjDisturbed View Post
    It's definately not going to handle that much power. I would suggest something bigger for HT use for sure. I use this one for my computer because I can corner load it with computer desk and the main stereo speakers are tiny and don't have that much output as well.
    If he wants a good sub and doesn't want take up much space look into some of the buyouts at PE .
    You CAN drive the SD 8" DVC with the SA25 or SA70 amps. Fairly inexpensive amps and driver. It will go very low in a 1.4 cf vented box with a 3" dia port. It's not a monster either, but will deliver the goods if not pushed too hard.

Leave a comment:

• DjDisturbed
    replied

Originally posted by bugman72 View Post
    What kind of power can your little sub handle, DJ? My friend is trying to piece together a simple HT for his apartment. He just got a new receiver (Denon AVR-591) and is going to be getting 3pr of the Dayton B652s. He didn't realize at the time that he needed a sub as well.
    It's definately not going to handle that much power. I would suggest something bigger for HT use for sure. I use this one for my computer because I can corner load it with computer desk and the main stereo speakers are tiny and don't have that much output as well.
    If he wants a good sub and doesn't want take up much space look into some of the buyouts at PE .

Leave a comment:

• bugman72
    replied

What kind of power can your little sub handle, DJ? My friend is trying to piece together a simple HT for his apartment. He just got a new receiver (Denon AVR-591) and is going to be getting 3pr of the Dayton B652s. He didn't realize at the time that he needed a sub as well.

With his living in an apartment, bass with authority is not his main concern. What PE amp, whether a T-amp or plate would you recommend? His living room is pretty small (about 12' from back of couch to back of TV).

Leave a comment:

• DjDisturbed
    replied

I have seen the little amp but I have read up on some chip amps lately and decided to build my own instead.
    Their is a chip amp board on ebay for around $55.00 plus you need to buy a power supply for it. It has 4 * 100 watts though and from what I have read on it. It seems to be a great amp , and only needs a few part swaps and some input caps removed to be a even better amp with no noise.
    It's like a having a t-amp on steriods, solid power in a real tiny package.:D

Leave a comment:

• setzer808
    replied

Awesome little subs all around!

@Johnnyrichards: cool little amp, have you used it/heard it? Looks like a fun little amp.

Leave a comment:

• ikymagoo
    replied

my Little Sub, i made for my dad to go with some speakers i made for him last year for father's day, i used 2 4" daytons and one of those buyout sub crossovers, it's sounds pretty good!! the small speakers have a 2.5 inch full range driver i pulled out of a pair of computer speakers. i put shop light clamps for hangers. these sound much better than they did before.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• johnnyrichards
    replied

Originally posted by DjDisturbed View Post
    It has a summed channel that goes to it. I ripped apart some old computer speakers that had a subwoofer channel. That was the cheapest way for me to do it. I don't know what your set up is of course but most amps have the capability to sum a out put , but you will have to add a simple crossover to do it. It probably would be cheaper just to do what I did and save yourself some time.
    I've been looking online to find some cheap 2.1 amps. I still haven't found any yet. I posted a thread on it before but never got any responses.
    Here is one.

Leave a comment:

• ikymagoo
    replied

thanks

Leave a comment:

• DjDisturbed
    replied

It has a summed channel that goes to it. I ripped apart some old computer speakers that had a subwoofer channel. That was the cheapest way for me to do it. I don't know what your set up is of course but most amps have the capability to sum a out put , but you will have to add a simple crossover to do it. It probably would be cheaper just to do what I did and save yourself some time.
    I've been looking online to find some cheap 2.1 amps. I still haven't found any yet. I posted a thread on it before but never got any responses.

Leave a comment:

• ikymagoo
    replied

do you have both left and right channels going to it?

Leave a comment:

• DjDisturbed
    replied

It's wired normal phase and I soldered the leads. And there is no acoustic or deadening treatment to my enclosure at all.

Leave a comment:

• ikymagoo
    replied

silly question, how did you wire the sub?

Leave a comment:

• ikymagoo
    replied

thanks, i post some photos when i make the sub for my dad

Leave a comment:

• DjDisturbed
    replied

The sub is 9" x 13" x 5.5" using 1/2" wood . I have the back panel where the inputs are sunk in 1/2",I don't know if you can see it in the pics or not. I did that to kinda match the desktop speakers. The port is 1/2" x 4.5" x 7.9" and flared out the front and rounded over on the inside.
    Thanks so much for all the kind words on these. I know they are not much to look at , because I didn't spend a lot of time on the woodwork. ;)
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• ocdSCHACK
    replied

That's a neat set up. I see you beat me to the miniature Orion clones! "I like where your head is at."

Leave a comment:

Working...
X