Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RS-150S / Vifa BC25SC06 Bookshelf MT

Originally posted by joeybutts View Post
    Patrick, (or anyone with the knowledge), is the 8 ohm RS150 a direct drop in replacement with this crossover? I couldn't tell after reading through the three threads related to this design. Thanks!!
    Hey Joey - i have not tried it myself, but from everything I've seen from others' testing, it should be extremely close. I plan to eventually swap the prototype into my TL's in my living room that I used the RS150-4 for because this one just sounds better - possibly the best crossover i've done, and see if i can't do some tweaking on the -4 to make it sound as good. The TL cabinets were close enough that it should basically be a drop-in.
    TM (RS125/TB25-302), TM RS150S / Vifa BC25SC06, RS150-4 / Vifa ML-TL, 3CR-AL Ultra Budget: Electric Blue TM, TMM, MTM, Dragonflies , Mounties: Mini HT Satellite,sub for minions

Comment

Well, if it is that close, I'll just go for it since these are only going in the garage anyway. I think Ed used an 8 ohm in his too....
      Builds - C-Killa - Speedsters - LithMTM - Talking Sticks - Pocket Rockets - Khanspires - Dayton RS Center - RS225/28A - Kairos - Adelphos - SEOS TD12X - Dayton 8 - Needles - 871S - eD6c - Overnight Sensations - Tritrix (ported) - Lineup F4 - Stentorians - The Cheapies - Tub Thumpers - Barbells - Tuba HT - Numerous subwoofers - probably missing a few...... :p

Comment

Well, if it is that close, I'll just go for it since these are only going in the garage anyway. I think Ed used an 8 ohm in his too....
        Also, I noticed Ed's have the tweeter offset and yours are centered. Any difference there?

And I hope my last three questions, :rolleyes: , what are the dimensions of the cabinet? I saw the post that said 7.5Wx9Dx40H and that the internal chamber is about 35.5". So WITHOUT the tweeter compartment, just the TL part, it has 37" of height with 3/4" material all around? And how long is the divider?

And how did you seal the port to the divider in the TL? just caulk/pl adhesive/epoxy?
        Last edited by joeybutts; 01-15-2013, 01:16 PM.
        Builds - C-Killa - Speedsters - LithMTM - Talking Sticks - Pocket Rockets - Khanspires - Dayton RS Center - RS225/28A - Kairos - Adelphos - SEOS TD12X - Dayton 8 - Needles - 871S - eD6c - Overnight Sensations - Tritrix (ported) - Lineup F4 - Stentorians - The Cheapies - Tub Thumpers - Barbells - Tuba HT - Numerous subwoofers - probably missing a few...... :p

Comment

I don't know how I missed this thread when it started....must have been the good weather. Yes, I used a RS150S-8.
          If life were fair, Elvis would still be alive today and all the impersonators would be dead.
          ~ Johnny Carson

Bungelow Ed's Photo Album http://techtalk.parts-express.com/album.php?u=8594

Comment

Also, I noticed Ed's have the tweeter offset and yours are centered. Any difference there?
            mine probably have a slightly worse diffraction signature than his, but symmetry was a requirement for me to get them into the living room.

And I hope my last three questions, :rolleyes: , what are the dimensions of the cabinet? I saw the post that said 7.5Wx9Dx40H and that the internal chamber is about 35.5". So WITHOUT the tweeter compartment, just the TL part, it has 37" of height with 3/4" material all around? And how long is the divider?
            yes, 37" tall exterior with 3/4 material for just the woofer/TL section. i believe the rest of the panels were actually 0.656" instead of true 3/4" because of the stock i had on hand. Instead of adding 1.5" for your stock, add 1 5/16" for mine.

interior dimensions would be 6 3/16" W x 7 11/16" D. with 3/4", these would end up as exterior dimensions:

7 11/16" W * 9 3/16" D

And how did you seal the port to the divider in the TL? just caulk/pl adhesive/epoxy?
            i didn't. check the link here:
            TL photos from 4-ohm version

and there's a photo towards the bottom. when you're looking at the baffle, you're looking at the divider edge-on. i don't have a measurement written down, but you want it to be about equidistant from the three sides of the cabinet (paul k's useful suggestion was to shade this a little towards the shorter end, so that as air would move through it from small to large end, would be a generally increasing cross sectional area, even if it really wasn't linear right around the driver. mine was glued already at that point, but maybe 1/4" offset would be enough)

on my nano neo mini-towers and on this one, i put some braces through the divider from side to side. spade bit through at an angle that keeps the dowel brace horizontal, then epoxy or urethane adhesive where it goes through the divider.
            TM (RS125/TB25-302), TM RS150S / Vifa BC25SC06, RS150-4 / Vifa ML-TL, 3CR-AL Ultra Budget: Electric Blue TM, TMM, MTM, Dragonflies , Mounties: Mini HT Satellite,sub for minions

Comment

OHHHHHHHHHH!!! I see it now. Thanks so much Patrick!! I really appreciate it. I shall report back with a build!

Comment

OHHHHHHHHHH!!! I see it now. Thanks so much Patrick!! I really appreciate it. I shall report back with a build!
                anytime. hope you like 'em.

Comment

Working...
                X