X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ellisr63
    replied
    Re: Deewan's various speaker builds

Was any isolation needed for the center channel resting on the subs? I would think a sub would vibrate to much, but maybe you have the cabinets thick enough...

Leave a comment:

• deewan
    replied

I had unfinished, plain mdf boxes in that room for a year before I got around to a finished product so no hurry joey!!!

I built two sealed 3/4 inch mdf enclosures for the subs with bracing. Then I built the 3/4 inch plywood and solid oak stand and slid the sub cabinets into place. So most sides of the sub enclosure is 1.25 inches thick.

In the drawers I am keeping my remotes for my gaming systems, my Harmony remote, ARC mic, SPL meter, and a few other odds and ends that I like to have in the room but that I don't use much. Through an access panel on the back, I ran power to each of the drawers to charge the remotes.

Leave a comment:

• joeybutts
    replied

Always so sexy......I should finish mine..some time.....this year....or maybe next.

Stand looks great, and is a fantastic idea. What are you keeping in there?

Are the subs structurally part of the cabinet? So it is all one thing, or does the"cabinet" come off the subs?

Leave a comment:

• deewan
    replied

A new additional to my setup. I decided I needed to dress up the sub enclosure a bit and add some storage. And it works great as a center speaker stand.

Leave a comment:

• joeybutts
    replied

Phenomenal work D. These look amazing. The matte finish really has my attention.... So tempting.....

Leave a comment:

• deewan
    replied

Thank you. I have really been enjoying these speakers so far this fall. I want to finish the sub cabinets and get everything finished so I can focus on catching up on all my movies I would like to watch.

Leave a comment:

• Domush
    replied

Absolutely spectacular speakers! And here I thought the Stentorian set I just built were beautiful. You've given me something to shoot for in my next speaker build. Time to put the Stents on craigslist to fund something like these :p

Leave a comment:

• ReissM
    replied

Wow... these are impressive. Intricate designs and top notch build quality. Congrats.

Leave a comment:

• mgrabow
    replied

sweeeeeeeeeeeeet

Leave a comment:

• bendaniels
    replied

Originally posted by jinjuku View Post
    Man oh man do I wish I had access to a CNC... That is off the hook.
    You do!

Leave a comment:

• jinjuku
    replied

Man oh man do I wish I had access to a CNC... That is off the hook.

Leave a comment:

• xavier
    replied

sexy!!!

Leave a comment:

• bkeane1259
    replied

Wowsers!! <<drooling>>....of course my wife would say "What's wrong with the TV speakers?"

Leave a comment:

• bendaniels
    replied

Fantastic work. Congratulations of the finish. They look like they are in charge of the room.

The matte finish turned out great. Nice choice, as that should dull the reflections from the screen quite well.

I'm going to have to make my way up to CR to see these some time.

Leave a comment:

• deewan
    replied

After a very long haul, the new cabinets are COMPLETE!!!!

A quick summary. Curved cabinets made using a special order bendy birch plywood. CNC'ed internal braces by fellow PE member Dave_W. Cabinet bases (feet) also CNC'ed by Dave_W and painted using a special chrome paint. Cabinet painted rat rod black (automotive grade matte black) and silver pinstripes. And now, the pictures.

And the matching center channel. I have not decided yet if I will put matching pinstripes on the CC. I'm guessing I will. And for the record, the sub cabinets are not finished. They will be built into a center channel speaker stand and made to look like a piece of furniture.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X