• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rwrankin
    replied
    Re: Deewan's various speaker builds

Hey Deewan,

Did you make the outriggers or buy them, If you bought them, where? They really set off the look of your speakers.

Thanks in advance!

Leave a comment:

• deewan
    replied

15 minutes from Jed? LUCKY! I would love to meet him and pick his brian about things. Although, not sure what I could ask and not sound like an idiot.

I agree, Jed's communication, style, and product make it difficult for me to consider even trying anything else that doesn't have his name attached to it. And I love my Dynamic's. Finally starting to really sing after being broken in for a few months now.

Leave a comment:

• its_bacon12
    replied

Deewan, I have the older 4Ts and 4CC that Jed used as prototype; I absolutely LOVE them! They have the XT25 instead of the Scan Speak tweeter. I am very fortunate to live about 15 minutes from him

I really can't speak volume enough for Jed and his operations. I can't see myself dealing with anyone else as far as speaker kits go unless I divulge into designing my own speakers (which won't be for some time).

Leave a comment:

• greywarden
    replied

I ordered 4 8"x10" FREE samples from Wilsonart a few hours ago. I've got some plans for it, maybe it will work out.

Leave a comment:

• mattk
    replied

Originally posted by Paul Carmody View Post
    OH MY GOD!!! :eek: That Wilsonart Laminate is the coolest finish I've seen in a long time. Makes me wonder why the hell I even bother with normal wood finishing techniques. Do you have a link to a source to get it? How much does it cost?
    Tapeease.com carries wilsonart laminates, I've used them in the past for non-speaker projects. They might possibly have the worst-designed website ever.

Leave a comment:

• greywarden
    replied

What is that little "thinga-ma-bob" under the cc in that last pic??

Leave a comment:

• saabracer23
    replied

Originally posted by Jed K. View Post
    A minimum order is drivers and crossovers, but I would not have a problem breaking up the kit into installments as long as the crossovers arrive in the last shipment (just for reference for anyone else interested in my kits). I should put that info someplace on my website as it has been a common question lately.

Jed
    Thanks, that is good to know, unfortunately I already have all I need for the statements except the tweeters. The 4T is a scary looking speaker, probably one of the best I've seen as visuals go.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• Jed K.
    replied

Originally posted by saabracer23 View Post
    Not that I'll change my mind as I already have goods for the statements, but as an overall better speaker would you choose the statements or the 4t? Might be a stupid question as you own the 4t. What were the statements missing that caused you to sell? I was fairly narrowed to those two but chose the statements because I couldn't afford to throw down a load of cash at once like is needed on the 4t. I was able to buy in sections.

Dan
    A minimum order is drivers and crossovers, but I would not have a problem breaking up the kit into installments as long as the crossovers arrive in the last shipment (just for reference for anyone else interested in my kits). I should put that info someplace on my website as it has been a common question lately.

Jed

Leave a comment:

• deewan
    replied

Originally posted by fredasiong View Post
    deewan,

How can I get hold of the drawings (dimension) and xover schematic of that awesome center channel speaker that you build with 4 woofer 2 mid & 1 tweeter.
    Thanks
    fredasiong - that design is a kit from Clearwave Loudspeaker Design. Jed designed it and he did a wonderful job. I've dealt with him on several occasions and he is a pleasure to deal with!

Here is a link to the design: http://clearwaveloudspeaker.com/Dynamic/4CC.html

Leave a comment:

• fredasiong
    replied

Originally posted by deewan View Post
    Dynamic 4CC
    Rounding out the new speakers for the theater.
    Center Speaker Stand - Mahogany inlay with hand rubbed copper paint (pictures do not do this finish or color justice). Added Wii sensor bar to bottom of speaker to hide it from sight.

deewan,

How can I get hold of the drawings (dimension) and xover schematic of that awesome center channel speaker that you build with 4 woofer 2 mid & 1 tweeter.
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• saabracer23
    replied

Not that I'll change my mind as I already have goods for the statements, but as an overall better speaker would you choose the statements or the 4t? Might be a stupid question as you own the 4t. What were the statements missing that caused you to sell? I was fairly narrowed to those two but chose the statements because I couldn't afford to throw down a load of cash at once like is needed on the 4t. I was able to buy in sections.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• deewan
    replied

Originally posted by ckmoore View Post
    Wow, $300 for labor of building Statements.

Will you build me a pair? :p
    Sure will! I love building speakers, so getting $300 to do something I love is like Christmas morning.

Leave a comment:

• ckmoore
    replied

Wow, $300 for labor of building Statements.

Will you build me a pair? :p

Leave a comment:

• deewan
    replied

Originally posted by bigbardmusiq View Post
    you seam just as addicted as I am!! nice work, what did you end up doing with the statements?
    I sold the Statements. I actually wasn't even looking to sell or replace them but after a friend heard them and offered me $300 more than what I had in them, they were sold and out the door. Soon replaced by the Dynamics.

Leave a comment:

• bigbardmusiq
    replied

you seam just as addicted as I am!! nice work, what did you end up doing with the statements?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X