Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Aura NS6-255 and Vifa BC25SC TM

Originally posted by woodtradesman_audio View Post
    X_R, I guess I should have shot Madi an email before ordering but its all good since I like the truncated look.

By the way, I slapped the drivers and the crossover in test box and they sound darn good. I specially like the mids on the ns6.
    Glad you like them. That Aura mid-woofer is very special - everytime I listen to it I think about the $2500 GreenMountain speakers that use it. Let me know if you have any specific voicing feedback.

I think I hear a difference - wow, it's amazing!" Ethan Winer: audio myths
    "As God is my witness I'll never be without a good pair of speakers!" Scarlett O'Hara

High value, high quality RS150/TB28-537SH bookshelf - TARGAS NLA!
    SB13/Vifa BC25SC06 MTM DCR Galeons-SB13-MTM
    My Voxel min sub Yet-another-Voxel-build

Tangband W6-sub

Comment

2500 bucks! yikes. They must be very special.

Anyhow, I am liking them more and more. To be quite honest, I've never owned a pair of speaker with such nice mids.

X_R, I've heard of Mouser but I haven't tried them yet and your right about buying from multiple vendors, the shipping gets crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by woodtradesman_audio View Post
        2500 bucks! yikes. They must be very special.

Anyhow, I am liking them more and more. To be quite honest, I've never owned a pair of speaker with such nice mids.
        I've finally gone off the deep end of DIY - to take some cheap buyout drivers, use simulation tools only, and come up with a punchy and crystal clear bookshelf has blown my mind. They compare very nicely to my Mini-Statements which cost me much, much more.

"As God is my witness I'll never be without a good pair of speakers!" Scarlett O'Hara

Tangband W6-sub

Comment

Don, you done good. Those are awesome looking, and, it appears, sounding. I tried and tried to come up with a sim to best yours when you asked me to, and quite simply could not. Kudos!

Mark
          You go your way, I'll go mine. I don't care if we get there on time.

~Pink Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by donradick View Post
            I've finally gone off the deep end of DIY - to take some cheap buyout drivers, use simulation tools only, and come up with a punchy and crystal clear bookshelf has blown my mind. They compare very nicely to my Mini-Statements which cost me much, much more.
            Don, after hearing them I can personally attest that You did great on this project.

Thanks for the build.

Comment

Thanks so much, guys.

Tangband W6-sub

Comment

Hey Don, I almost have these completely done!

http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...07#post1735607
                Modding the Lepai T-Amp

Comment

The budget stuff is always my favorite.
                  Don't listen to me - I have not sold any $150,000 speakers.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyrichards View Post
                    The budget stuff is always my favorite.
                    I am very pleased with my first solo design. Trying to find the right balance, and I got lucky. Can't see wrestling with a $4 driver and 12 crossover parts for mediocre results. Some of youse guys are my heros.

Tangband W6-sub

Comment

I am very pleased with my first solo design. Trying to find the right balance, and I got lucky. Can't see wrestling with a $4 driver and 12 crossover parts for mediocre results. Some of youse guys are my heros.
                      I am currently writing an essay on how I come up with a design and my driver selection process. I believe my approach is why I can usually hit a listenable, if not always great, design using cheap drivers.

Comment

I am currently writing an essay on how I come up with a design and my driver selection process. I believe my approach is why I can usually hit a listenable, if not always great, design using cheap drivers.
                        Yeah I'm looking forward to reading that!

रेतुर्न तो थे स्रोत
                        return to the source
                        leviathan system thread
                        deadhorse thread
                        shockwave build thread

instagram :: greywarden_13

in war, victory . . . in peace, vigilance . . . in death, sacrifice.

Comment

Originally posted by greywarden View Post
                          Yeah I'm looking forward to reading that!
                          Right here.

Comment

Looking forward to it!

Tangband W6-sub

Comment

I ordered the parts to build these. Should be here by the end of the week.

I am going with a design closer to the Green Mountain speakers .. smaller cabinet, slanted front.

I am hoping to get 15 liters out of it. I will be using a 2" port that is 8" long (according to Speakerbuilder Pro 2.0)

Does this sound about right?

Comment

I have a pair of HiVi SD1.1A $12 tweeters, and don't have a pair of Vifa BC25SC06. Is there anyone who cab sub in the HiVi and see what happens?

Comment

Working...
                                X