X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Aura NS6-255 and Vifa BC25SC TM

Originally posted by piazzafatb View Post
    Hi Don
    I do this baffle for a specific situation. I cant put the tweeter closer. :(
    2 3/4" separation.
    How could this affect the sound.
    Thanks

[ATTACH]21681[/ATTACH]
    Looks very beautiful, but diffraction is going to change the sound a lot. I would guess that you might be able to use the same tweeter crossover, but the woofer crossover will need to change a lot. There are few or no baffle modeling programs that can simulate response from a baffle like that, so you will probably need to do a lot of measuring and tweaking to get it working right.

I think I hear a difference - wow, it's amazing!" Ethan Winer: audio myths
    "As God is my witness I'll never be without a good pair of speakers!" Scarlett O'Hara

High value, high quality RS150/TB28-537SH bookshelf - TARGAS NLA!
    SB13/Vifa BC25SC06 MTM DCR Galeons-SB13-MTM
    My Voxel min sub Yet-another-Voxel-build

Tangband W6-sub

Comment

Hi, check this crossover for me. I don't know if i do something wrong!!!

They sound Little bright and fatiguing. Did soldering affect, because I just put each cable together and do a solder, no cable wind. Sorry newbie here!!!

Thanks.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	cros (320x240).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	1139837

Name:	cros1 (320x240).jpg
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	1139838

big coil
      cap 6.8
      r 1.5
      r 2
      cap 7.5
      cap 7.5
      small coil
      r .5
      r 1.5

Comment

your layout and assembly looks great. nothing to apologize for.
        These will sound a bit bright if the room is pretty bare - nothing on the walls, hardwood floors, etc, but I wouldn't ever call them fatiguing unless you are playing them at 100dB.:eek:

I'd be happy to check your crossovers, but I can't tell a very much from the pics you posted. Can you upload higher-rez pics?

regards,
        don

Hi, check this crossover for me. I don't know if i do something wrong!!!

They sound Little bright and fatiguing. Did soldering affect, because I just put each cable together and do a solder, no cable wind. Sorry newbie here!!!

Thanks.
        [ATTACH]22125[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]22126[/ATTACH]

big coil
        cap 6.8
        r 1.5
        r 2
        cap 7.5
        cap 7.5
        small coil
        r .5
        r 1.5

"As God is my witness I'll never be without a good pair of speakers!" Scarlett O'Hara

Tangband W6-sub

Comment

In image 22126 it looks like the top lead of the 1.2mH coil connects to the 6.8 cap and goes off to the woofer positive terminal. That part looks fine, but it looks like the bottom lead of the 1.2mH coil connects to the lead at the other end of the 6.8 cap. If so, that is wrong. That lead of the 1.2mH should only connect to the positive source lead and the 2 Ohm resistor. Aside from that the crossover looks like it is wired correctly. The red lead at the top right should be the tweeter positive lead.

Comment

OK new pics

Name:	cross (400x299).jpg
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	1139845

Name:	cross1 (400x299).jpg
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	1139846

Thanks!!!:D

Comment

I revised the original crossover and find I dint parallel 6.8 and .22 caps!!!
              Dont now if affect too much. I have the cap, going to solder now. Lets see...
              Leroy, thanks but is the pic, isn't connected as you noted.

Comment

I noticed you left out the .22 caps, but wasn't sure if it was intentional or not or what the effect would be.

Comment

How long did you listen to them initially? Mine started out a little hot on the high end, but tamed down after a couple hours of burn in playing a variety of music. They broke in pretty quick compared to some other builds I've done though, so you should know within a couple hours of listening if breaking them in is going to help.

Comment

Don, I have concrete plain walls, lot of Cristal and ceramic tile floors, great combination!!! But honestly, I test one only and like 8-10 hours. After the .22cap the attitude change, better and more defined mids and more presence. Highs still brights but clear. I am going to finish both and then break up and post how they sound.

Comment

Don, I have concrete plain walls, lot of Cristal and ceramic tile floors, great combination!!! But honestly, I test one only and like 8-10 hours. After the .22cap the attitude change, better and more defined mids and more presence. Highs still brights but clear. I am going to finish both and then break up and post how they sound.
                      In your environment, you might want to change the 1.5 ohm resistor R10 to a 2.5 ohm or 3 ohm value. Don't be afraid to experiment a little with R10 to suit your room.

Tangband W6-sub

Comment

I finally have all the parts to make these and would like to build them into small floor standing towers . . . something like 30 liters (1ft^3). How narrow can I make the baffles before I start getting into trouble. Is 7.5in too narrow?

Comment

Originally posted by lostboy77 View Post
                          I finally have all the parts to make these and would like to build them into small floor standing towers . . . something like 30 liters (1ft^3). How narrow can I make the baffles before I start getting into trouble. Is 7.5in too narrow?
                          My Baffle Step is calculated on about a 9 inch wide box, so a 7.5 inch box
                          will start to roll off a bit lower, but honestly, for these speakers, I don't think it will be a problem. The woofers like a lot of space, so you can probably tune your 30L boxes to 42 Hz or so and enjoy some nice bass.

Tangband W6-sub

Comment

I made mines with some variances, mainly 7" wide as I like the look of tall narrow and deep speaker cabinets. They sound just fine. As matter of fact, the Aurbcas are my favourite build so far.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by woodtradesman_audio View Post
                              I made mines with some variances, mainly 7" wide as I like the look of tall narrow and deep speaker cabinets. They sound just fine. As matter of fact, the Aurbcas are my favourite build so far.
                              Those are nice! Straight BB ply? How big is the box - what did you tune them to?

Tangband W6-sub

Comment

Originally posted by woodtradesman_audio View Post
                                Those DO look nice, but there's no good reason to space a tweeter any farther from a midbass than is physically necessary, and many bad ones.

Comment

Working...
                                X