X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fastbike1
    replied
    Re: Standard Econowave

They're sealed. 66 liters net. F3/f10 44 / 26. A 3x7 port model gives F3 / F10 35 / 24 (105 db w/ 30 watts).

Frankly, I think the day if the Ewave is past. I am about to redo my music room w/ the Diysoundgroup Tempest mains, Alchemy 8 mtm center and Alchemy 8 TM surrounds.
    I would recommend any of the SEOs designs before I would go for an Ewave. The cheaper Ewaves are fun, but the CD is fairly tiring. Using better drivers will get you close to the cost of the SEOS designs but you'll still be a ways from the sound.

Originally posted by ckmoore View Post
    I am thinking of venting mine. What length are your ports?

Leave a comment:

• ckmoore
    replied

I am thinking of venting mine. What length are your ports?

Leave a comment:

• fastbike1
    replied

Thanks for the response.

I don't use a sub w/ my Mach 1 Ewaves either. Using factory specs, they model at 26Hz F10. I'm finally going to finish the baffles and refinish the cabs. I'm going to measure the DC300's then. They're well broken in by now. I'll also pull some stuffing, since i'm pretty sure they're over stuffed. They are fun. They're currently in my "equipment test / vinyl ripping" setup.

Originally posted by djg View Post
    That's two of Erich H's flat packs, about the last of the first batch. Anarchy drivers. And two of Charlie Laub's and MarkK's little two ways built in some M&K buyout boxes. That setup sounds great. I'm not using the subs with the Econowaves. I use a stereo power amp for the subs, off a Yamaha A/V receiver sub out. I have the Ewaves running full range right now. This stuff is all at work. I listen to radio and Pandora.

Leave a comment:

• djg
    replied

That's two of Erich H's flat packs, about the last of the first batch. Anarchy drivers. And two of Charlie Laub's and MarkK's little two ways built in some M&K buyout boxes. That setup sounds great. I'm not using the subs with the Econowaves. I use a stereo power amp for the subs, off a Yamaha A/V receiver sub out. I have the Ewaves running full range right now. This stuff is all at work. I listen to radio and Pandora.

Leave a comment:

• fastbike1
    replied
    Slightly OT not the Econowave

That looks like the Anarchy TH sub. How has that worked out for you? Is it the Anarchy or TB version. TIA.

Originally posted by djg View Post
    And finished with a small base, looks better to me.

Leave a comment:

• BeeTL
    replied

Those look gorgeous!

Leave a comment:

• djg
    replied

Dayton DC300-8, Selenium D220Ti-8, Pyle PH612 Waveguide. The standard Econowave, first entry in the summary on pg 1 of the Flex Your PCD Mettle Econowave thread on this forum.

Leave a comment:

• dcgold2000
    replied

Sweet! What drivers exactly???

Leave a comment:

• djg
    replied

About 400 dollars, with the used cabs and odds and ends. About 300 for the components. Yes, the little stands got me out of the seventies mode with concrete blocks and boards, if you are old you will remember.

These things sound great. They are a budget build with the Dayton Classic 40 dollar woofers. I would imagine the Eminence based designs would sound better with much higher sensitivity. I couldn't go for those, these were built out of curiosity, the Eminence units are too pricey for that.

If I were to redo my HT, I could see three of the Eminence based units and replacing my LCD TV with a projector. I don't foresee that in reality though.

Leave a comment:

• djkest
    replied

Very nice, how much did this project cost you, and what are your listening impressions?

I think the stands you made really add some class.

Leave a comment:

• djg
    replied

And finished with a small base, looks better to me.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• djg
    replied

These cabs were 25 dollars on craigslist, and they still worked.

Leave a comment:

• Weber
    replied

Idk why, but for some reason I really like retro speakers and yours are quite nice. Boy I wish I had some of my older speaker cabs today. I had some technique's, Panasonic, and a generic set of towers(no name) that would really be perfect for a diy makeover. Good job!

Leave a comment:

• djg
    replied

More or less finished. I think I will make some short stands as my sensibilities just don't like speakers on the floor. These sound very nice. Original grills. Everyone should try a pair of Econowaves.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• djg
    replied

Thank you. More pics next week.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X