Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BFM Tuba HT Subwoofer Build (plentiful pic warning)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BFM Tuba HT Subwoofer Build (plentiful pic warning)

Forgot to post this build over here! Built this for a guy in Iowa and took it out to him when I went to the eD meet. It is a 28" wide variety.

In the customer's home!
    Builds - C-Killa - Speedsters - LithMTM - Talking Sticks - Pocket Rockets - Khanspires - Dayton RS Center - RS225/28A - Kairos - Adelphos - SEOS TD12X - Dayton 8 - Needles - 871S - eD6c - Overnight Sensations - Tritrix (ported) - Lineup F4 - Stentorians - The Cheapies - Tub Thumpers - Barbells - Tuba HT - Numerous subwoofers - probably missing a few...... :p

Re: BFM Tuba HT Subwoofer Build (plentiful pic warning)

nice what kind of output are we looking at here?and what driver,amp combo is being used?

Comment

I haven't heard it in his space but in another and only on music and very minimally. It has a ton of "chest factor" and still gets low. It is also STUPID CLEAN. SO clean and effortless. Very similar to IB.

The driver is an original Tempest and he is using a Crown Pro Amp.....I forgot the model number....XLS1000?

The owner did write back to me on it watching a movie and said he is absolutely in love. Never thought it would perform in the manner it does. I know that is completely subjective but he knows a bit about audio, isn't a total noob.

Check out Bill's site for graphs and such if you haven't already.

Has me excited to build my backyard subwoofer. :D :D My neighbors will hate me.
      Builds - C-Killa - Speedsters - LithMTM - Talking Sticks - Pocket Rockets - Khanspires - Dayton RS Center - RS225/28A - Kairos - Adelphos - SEOS TD12X - Dayton 8 - Needles - 871S - eD6c - Overnight Sensations - Tritrix (ported) - Lineup F4 - Stentorians - The Cheapies - Tub Thumpers - Barbells - Tuba HT - Numerous subwoofers - probably missing a few...... :p

Comment

28" Wide will fit through most doors, right? What's the LARGEST diameter woofer that will fit in one of those??

रेतुर्न तो थे स्रोत
        return to the source
        leviathan system thread
        deadhorse thread
        shockwave build thread

instagram :: greywarden_13

in war, victory . . . in peace, vigilance . . . in death, sacrifice.

Comment

Uhmmmm....28" is most doors. That is why he went with that size.

Bill doesn't suggest going with larger than a 15" driver I believe.....for any of his designs. The horns just get bigger and more power. Could you put an 18" or 21" in there? Probably. But Bill states it becomes unreliable or something. I'd have to reread his forum.

Comment

tempest, is that adire audio? have not heard from them for sometime.

Comment

Yes, he had been holding on to two of them for a long time and finally put one to use.

There are other drivers suitable, just need to follow the three or four parameters for what is suitable. I think the other common driver is a Dayton 15".....I forget the model off the top of my head. You can also use many twelves, or two twelves.

Comment

Nice job! I like BFM's stuff.

“I cried because I had no shoes until I met a man who had no feet”

If we all did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally ASTOUND ourselves - Thomas A. Edison

Some people collect stamps, Imelda Marcos collected shoes. I collect speakers.:D

Comment

Originally posted by joeybutts View Post
                  Has me excited to build my backyard subwoofer. :D :D My neighbors will hate me.
                  I have a basshead neighbor. It's really not funny. Maybe I'll start collecting sirens and train horns. Besides that, nice build.

Comment

I think he recommends the RSS390HF for that one.

रेतुर्न तो थे स्रोत
                    return to the source
                    leviathan system thread
                    deadhorse thread
                    shockwave build thread

Comment

Originally posted by Dirttracker73 View Post
                      I have a basshead neighbor. It's really not funny. Maybe I'll start collecting sirens and train horns. Besides that, nice build.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	13920949.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	1143386

रेतुर्न तो थे स्रोत
                      return to the source
                      leviathan system thread
                      deadhorse thread
                      shockwave build thread

Comment

I think most interior doors are 30", exterior doors are 32" or so.

I'd be interested in building something like this for my Dayton reference 15...I just built a new box for it and am not really pleased with it.

Comment

[QUOTE=Dirttracker73;1850581]I have a basshead neighbor. It's really not funny. Maybe I'll start collecting sirens and train horns. Besides that, nice build.[/QUOTE

Sorry to strike a nerve DT. I was merely using it as an expression of the capabilities of what i'll be building. I'll choose my words more carefully next time.

Thanks for the afterthought compliment.

Comment

I have a pair of T-24's, I use them for about 2 years in a pro audio setup DJ-ing and they were real performers. People could not believe the range of my system, loved the driving beat, and I had some girls on the subwoofers more than once.

The Key to Bill's designs is listening to what he says about them. So may people want to change them or think they can get "more" out of them when really, you cannot. Bill has done this for YEARS and this is his specialty. Read his forum and follow the plans and suggestions and you will have a sick sub, no doubt.

Awesome build, by the way... Sadly, I am using one of my T-24's to do box-jumps right now because I have nowhere else to put them or use them. Maybe some day.

Comment

Thanks for chiming in mz. Your second paragraph is spot on.

Box jumps, eh? Crossfitting?

Comment

Working...
                              X