X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• arlis_1957@yahoo.com
    replied
    Re: sure 2x300 amp build

thanks Rory, the fan on the amp board is quiet. it is the fan on the 48vdc 320-317 that would never shut off and is very loud. i suppose if i would have had the fan to the rear, i may have not been such a problem, but it sucks in. my cooling scheme includes vents on the bottom front and top rear.
    fyi. when i used the 2x100 and 25vdc power supply, the fans never did run.
    another fyi. the 48v is larger then the 24v ps. if your going to build one, be sure to make the case large enough.

Leave a comment:

• RoryB@daytonaudio.com
    replied

The fan on the Sure Electronics 2x100 boards do not shut off, whether you're using the TK2050 board or the TDA7498 board. The 60x60x10mm fan on the TK2050 board is very quiet - virtually silent from more than 12" away. The 60x60x15mm fan on the TDA7498 board is more noticeable.

Leave a comment:

• arlis_1957@yahoo.com
    replied

sorry, here
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• arlis_1957@yahoo.com
    replied

its finished. sounds great. can't really turn it up very far or it gets too loud. maybe 1/3. i used a piece of hose (i think its for getting water to an icemaker) glued to the bottom of the volume knob to difuse the light. it looks a bit white here, but is a nice blue. the source switch works without a hitch to switch between the comp and cd player. would have been nice to have a switch to change speakers too, but so little space in there. i added a series resistor of 100ohm 12v fan because it really was loud. i'll keep and eye on it for overheating.
    thanks for looking.

Leave a comment:

• arlis_1957@yahoo.com
    replied

Originally posted by jcpahman77 View Post
    A little creative tip, next time use one of these on the front instead of the strip you used so you don't have to make all those jumper wires.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31420[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31421[/ATTACH]
    jc, that was the easy part.

Leave a comment:

• greywarden
    replied

Nice looking too, great job!

Leave a comment:

• jcpahman77
    replied

A little creative tip, next time use one of these on the front instead of the strip you used so you don't have to make all those jumper wires.

Click image for larger version

Name:	pRS1C-2265722w345.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	5.4 KB
ID:	1145398

Click image for larger version

Name:	pRS1C-2265720w345.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	7.8 KB
ID:	1145399

Leave a comment:

• johnnyrichards
    replied

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
    all my original ideas are gleened from somewhere;)
    thanks.
    :D Seriously though, that is one sweet amp. Now I gotta do something with my 2x100 module.

Leave a comment:

• arlis_1957@yahoo.com
    replied

Originally posted by johnnyrichards View Post
    That is very impressive buddy. Also, where have I seen a pack of Reds being used for perspective..? :p
    all my original ideas are gleened from somewhere;)
    thanks.

Leave a comment:

• johnnyrichards
    replied

That is very impressive buddy. Also, where have I seen a pack of Reds being used for perspective..? :p

Leave a comment:

• arlis_1957@yahoo.com
    replied

thanks for the kudos and info. i will do that.
    i have been tinkering with it every weekend for a few months. very hard to for me to figure out where every thing goes and remember it the next weekend. no electronics background at all. it really makes me appreciate what it takes to do a REAL amp or preamp kit with all those little things.
    i'll let you know if it helps.

Leave a comment:

• donradick
    replied

Very nice! I've looked at those Sures a few times. Let us know how it sounds.

Leave a comment:

• tomzarbo
    replied

Looks good Arlis.

I've made an amp with the Sure 2x100 board and was happy with it as well. You've got a little more going on in your case than I did. The finished amp looks very nice. Looks like you did things right with heat-shrink and shielding, etc. Getting the insides neat is tough, complexity like a crossover times 10! You pulled it off though. I really like the idea of the back-lit volume knob!

TomZ

Leave a comment:

• ameuba10
    replied

yea, jcpahman's right. tie all grounds together and then to the main wall ground on the power connector. this will eliminate any ground loops from different ground points

Leave a comment:

• jcpahman77
    replied

thanks.
    i do. the first one was a 2x100 i got from china before pe started to carry them. i hooked it up backasswords and released the magic smoke. the second i got from pe and still works.
    i need to find a piece of tranlucent plastic and cut it about 2 or 3 mm larger then the volume knob to radiate the blue light. kind of like the emotiva.
    im getting some stadic through the speakers though. i think i need to go back through and put all the grounds together and i assume to the wall ground. does that sound right?
    Tie all the grounds to the chassis and the chassis to the wall ground. You may find that solves both problems.

i just realized the fan has not shut off. i dont think thats normal.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X