X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BusterIrvine
    replied
    Re: Leviathan System

I just saw this thread and they are very cool, definitely worth the wait.

Leave a comment:

• greywarden
    replied

I have really fallen in love with the Craftsman one with the granite table. I've been working with Dad's that, living in FL, is constantly getting rust all over my wood haha

Leave a comment:

• joeybutts
    replied

Originally posted by greywarden View Post
    .....I'd really love to have a nice tablesaw, too.
    Oh man...invest in it. Makes a world of difference. My JET has been wonderful but will def be spending $6+ bills on my next one.

Leave a comment:

• greywarden
    replied

I might be moving at the end of the summer, still not 100% sure yet, so I won't be starting on the complementing elements until I'm settled there. I'd really love to have a nice tablesaw, too.

Leave a comment:

• joeybutts
    replied

GET ER DONE. Love it mang. Should be bangin and wangin in there. Nicely done.

Hope you do get the full complement done some time soon. Will be wicked for sure.

Leave a comment:

• greywarden
    replied

Originally posted by kenny_k View Post
    Going to add a center and satellites? ;)
    I actually have a center channel built and it's the same size as the towers, but shorter, haha. I also have the drivers necessary for a full 5.x setup. Just not enough time/money/patience for it yet lol.

Leave a comment:

• kenny_k
    replied

Going to add a center and satellites? ;)

Leave a comment:

• bkeane1259
    replied

OMG.....The ROTECH lives!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• greywarden
    replied

Originally posted by ROTECH View Post
    I love it!
    Sweet thanks! I finally got them playing movie sounds today, had a Ground Loop to deal with and some feedback from the TV's power supply on top of that. But I ended up wrapping the Ground Loop Isolator in about 10ft of aluminum foil and laying it on the floor as far from the TV as I could get it, haha. Works great!

Leave a comment:

• ROTECH
    replied

I love it!

Leave a comment:

• greywarden
    replied

Originally posted by Thezeek View Post
    Cool.
    Thanks!

Originally posted by saabracer23 View Post
    That's awesome. So your at over 128db just below 15h with 2 12s? Is that at you listening position? If so I'm very impressed.

Dan
    Man I should cut that off, I tried to calibrate REW and it did some crazy sh*t and yeah - 130dB in my room? I think not.

Leave a comment:

• saabracer23
    replied

That's awesome. So your at over 128db just below 15h with 2 12s? Is that at you listening position? If so I'm very impressed.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• Thezeek
    replied

Cool.

Leave a comment:

• greywarden
    replied

Originally posted by philthien View Post
    My current project has been to make my system less "in-your-face."

So we're at polar opposites.

LOL, I like what you've got quite a bit more (than what I've done).

Enjoy!

P.S. What did you use for paint?
    Thanks, yes, they're huge and "in your face" especially given the size of the room. I used some stuff called "Restore It" (or something like that) from Lowes. It's for making your deck look better.

I would not use this paint again. It looks nice, rolls on nice and dries in a few hours, but takes a week or so to fully cure (don't set anything on top of it until then!). When you handle the speakers, you can see a "skin print" where your skin has actually come off on them, but oddly enough it's not a very rough texture, which also makes them look terrible when photographed with a flash. Finally it is too soft, I thought it would dry harder because it's made to be tromped on, but there are visible bumps and dings on it, from lightly bumping furniture when moving these enormous speakers around.

Originally posted by johnnyrichards View Post
    Very impressive, I have really enjoyed watching this one unfold from the beginning.
    Thanks again for all the help!

Originally posted by donradick View Post
    Damn! Perfect for the man cave. Nothing like high-output.
    Yes! My room mate (girl-type) is super excited about them, too, but she's really cool haha. I presume I will have to keep the volume very low from now on haha.

Originally posted by JCSquats View Post
    Living the dream!
    Yeah they're pretty ******!

Leave a comment:

• JCSquats
    replied

Living the dream!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X