X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Leviathan System

Then you are rocking....Excellent!

Originally posted by greywarden View Post
    Yep that's the DAC I currently have. I really like it.
    -Robert

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Originally posted by PassingInterest View Post
        Very nice!
        Thanks!

रेतुर्न तो थे स्रोत
        return to the source
        leviathan system thread
        deadhorse thread
        shockwave build thread

instagram :: greywarden_13

in war, victory . . . in peace, vigilance . . . in death, sacrifice.

Comment

Just came across this build. Impressive ...

I was wondering is you looked at the Goldwood GW-65/8 for the mid. Any comments as compared to the GRS?

Comment

Originally posted by Millstonemike View Post
            Just came across this build. Impressive ...

I was wondering is you looked at the Goldwood GW-65/8 for the mid. Any comments as compared to the GRS?

No, those are the GRS sealed back mids. I build JR's LSS speakers with them and I really liked the sound of them, so I used them as mids. IIRC 2500Hz or so crossover point and 500-600Hz on the low end, because they're sealed backs. They were fully active (been sitting in storage for over a year now) so I changed the x-over points several times, but I think that's where they were crossed in JR's LSS speakers, you'll have to ask him, I've long since lost the PDF on them.

Thanks for the compliments! I really enjoyed them when I was using them, they're just too big haha.

रेतुर्न तो थे स्रोत
            return to the source
            leviathan system thread
            deadhorse thread
            shockwave build thread

instagram :: greywarden_13

in war, victory . . . in peace, vigilance . . . in death, sacrifice.

Comment

No, those are the GRS sealed back mids. I build JR's LSS speakers with them and I really liked the sound of them, so I used them as mids. IIRC 2500Hz or so crossover point and 500-600Hz on the low end, because they're sealed backs. They were fully active (been sitting in storage for over a year now) so I changed the x-over points several times, but I think that's where they were crossed in JR's LSS speakers, you'll have to ask him, I've long since lost the PDF on them.

Thanks for the compliments! I really enjoyed them when I was using them, they're just too big haha.

I just happened to have the LSS PDF handy - it says 600 and 4K.

Comment

No, those are the GRS sealed back mids.
                The Goldwoods are sealed backs as well and look identical and likely are drop-in replacements (the GWs spec 5.25" outer diameter but measure 5.13" like the GRS spec). I'm using the GW-65/4 in a 2.1 boombox. I used the GWs because I couldn't find a graph on the GRSs and the Goldwoods go up to 10K hz (albeit with some dips and spikes between 6K and 10K). I have a 2nd order L-R HP at on the GWs at ~1K because of the impedance and SPL at 475hz.e

Comment

I've used and measured both. The GRS are much better drivers imo. Though they do look very similar there are differences. Mounting size they are essentially the same. Audibly, the GW fall short.
                  https://www.facebook.com/Mosaic-Audi...7373763888294/

Comment

Working...
                  X